[Rumor] PS5 may have BC. Sony files patent for BC emulation. - Gearnuke.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Sony will copy an Xbox feature? Wow, never seen that happen before :gucci:

Xbox is a cloud based system now, even Android games will be playable with achievements in the near future, like, who is up for a game of chess?

8tf is what Sony will try to push :mjlol: you'll understand next year...

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
why is backwards compatibility such a big thing for you guys?
pull out your ps2,ps3,etc and play your games on the intended console.
:manny:
goes back to getting his ass kicked by the 76ers in nba 2k on his dreamcast!!
fukk this cheap AI.
out!!

Glad I still got my working PS2 with a bunch of downloaded games and my free mcboot memory card.
:gooodlawd:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I doubt Sony will release a backwards compatible console ever again.

That would kill off PS now, not sure if anyone actually uses that service. Also we are in the age of releasing remasters.

From a business perspective, backwards compatibility is bad for business. If the customers refused to buy remasters then it would have been a possibility...but now all these companies have seen how profitable it is to rerelase an old game. It's a wrap, Sony won't leave money on the table. The Playstation division is Sonys cash cow.

Actually I beg to differ. It makes more sense for them to have backwards compatibility because now everything is digital. All they have to do is merge the ps4 and ps5 store together which will keep the older gen titles in the ecosystem longer. Every platform pretty much has or atleast aiming for bc from now on xbox, steam, switch, android, and Apple all have or aiming for bc. So if Sony doesn’t implement it for the ps5 they will be giving and outdated practice. They can still have PS now remember it’s a service you pay monthly to play selected titles you want for free. I don’t see how bc would ruin that. You could always purchase the titles not on PS now or try them out if they’re on there.

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Every console going forward should be backwards compatible, these new systems are most likely gonna be built with PC parts like the ps4/X1 so there should be no excuses.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Every console going forward should be backwards compatible, these new systems are most likely gonna be built with PC parts like the ps4/X1 so there should be no excuses.
Same thing ive said during the numerous time this topic has been brought forth