[Rumor]Hulu will add Live tv service in 2017. $40/month

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
I'm seeing a lot of alternate services, but once you start adding all this shyt up, it's not saving any money. wake me up when we can start saving money on internet/tv services :russell:

Account share between some of your folks in your circle.

HBO Go
Netflix
League Pass
Hulu

Let's say you and another person split the 4 services in half(you pay for 2, the other pays for two), that's saving money right there. Now if you need Starz; Showtime, HGTV, etc, just find someone with cable and use their cable login.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Sounds nice but I'm good with the way they have it setup now. I'm not usually home when they air the shows I watch sometimes so I'm fine watching it on delay or binge watching. I don't even mess with their no commercial option since it's not much of a bother, I just have the Showtime add on. I could see why this would interest some people but it depends on which channels they offer. They should focus on getting contracts with other stations. But I think only cbs from the national stations, isn't with them and they have their own streaming service already.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Account share between some of your folks in your circle.

HBO Go
Netflix
League Pass
Hulu

Let's say you and another person split the 4 services in half(you pay for 2, the other pays for two), that's saving money right there. Now if you need Starz; Showtime, HGTV, etc, just find someone with cable and use their cable login.

this is not an ideal solution. I have 4 people in my house. netflix allows 4 screens max, so I cannot share with someone. don't care about league pass, cuz baseball is on the network channels. HBOGO can work as a shared account, but like I said, everyone cannot use all these services simultaneously if you have a family.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Would be nice if instead of doing like a that whole add on subscription to like Showtime, if I could just add on like Penny Dreadful for $.50 extra a month. Just specific premium cable show addons.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Exactly. You might as well get cable at that point. The whole "cut cable" movement is a pipe dream based on ILLEGAL downloading and bootlegging anyway.

what I'm interested in is being able to actually PICK the 20 channels I want from comcast and pay for those only instead of being forced to take 300 channels of which, I only watch 10% of them. like I need 20 C-SPAN channels, shytty video channels, spanish channels and all this other bullshyt I don't care about.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Exactly. You might as well get cable at that point. The whole "cut cable" movement is a pipe dream based on ILLEGAL downloading and bootlegging anyway.
Not really. Sure that's avaliable but it's also about having more options. Cable and it's VOD services are limited compared to streaming services in terms of sheer content.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Where are you guys getting that this is not a cheaper alternative. Where I'm from cable/internet was like 180 with all the taxes and surcharges added in. I cut cable and pay about 40 for VUE. It has more channels and it has built in DVR. No contract and no added fees. Way cheaper then getting raped by these big conglomerates

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Not really. Sure that's avaliable but it's also about having more options. Cable and it's VOD services are limited compared to streaming services in terms of sheer content.

No they aren't. Everything that is bootlegged was already provided legitimately. There's nothing that Comcast doesn't have on their search feature. Name any content that you can bootleg

I know how the game works you can't tell me nothing. I have full package Comcast AND pretty much every VOD app service through Xbox Live. It's just broke nikkas end of the day. Going through all that trouble to bootleg a show because you can't afford 100 dollars a month.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
No they aren't. Everything that is bootlegged was already provided legitimately. There's nothing that Comcast doesn't have on their search feature. Name any content that you can bootleg

I know how the game works you can't tell me nothing. I have full package Comcast AND pretty much every VOD app service through Xbox Live. It's just broke nikkas end of the day. Going through all that trouble to bootleg a show because you can't afford 100 dollars a month.
So you're saying people don't use Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon?

Plus $100 to $150 per month for cable is kinda ridiculous to me but to each its own.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Where are you guys getting that this is not a cheaper alternative. Where I'm from cable/internet was like 180 with all the taxes and surcharges added in. I cut cable and pay about 40 for VUE. It has more channels and it has built in DVR. No contract and no added fees. Way cheaper then getting raped by these big conglomerates
This.

I tried the free trial for Vue and if we get rid of cable and just keep high speed internet and subscribe to vue, we'd definitely be saving

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I cut cable a few months ago and it was worth it for me. I pay $80 for my internet, $10 for Netflix, $10 for Hulu, and $20 for sling tv. Plus I bought a HD antenna for $40 so I get all my local channels for free. I'm saving $100-$120 a month because of it. Most of the time i'm not even home to watch stuff live so having the option to watch the replay at my convenience is cool.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I cut cable a few months ago and it was worth it for me. I pay $80 for my internet, $10 for Netflix, $10 for Hulu, and $20 for sling tv. Plus I bought a HD antenna for $40 so I get all my local channels for free. I'm saving $100-$120 a month because of it. Most of the time i'm not even home to watch stuff live so having the option to watch the replay at my convenience is cool.

so you're paying $120 a month for no cable. I'm paying $165 a month for cable & internet. it's not worth it just to save $40-$45 bucks a month. on top of that, that is what I'm paying for 5 TV's.

Last edited:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
so you're paying $120 a month for no cable. I'm paying $165 a month for cable & internet. it's not worth it just to save $40-$45 bucks a month. on top of that, that is what I'm paying for 5 TV's.
For me it is. I don't watch much tv so why spend the extra money for something that I barely use? Only television I usually watch is CNN, my local news, and ESPN.