Roxanne Shante Finally Gets Her Revenge, Talks Hip-Hop Queens + More W/ Breakfast Club

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN

:jbhmm: I understand, I don't co-sign her but I get it.

She had so much pride she had to think of a lie to make her feel big like when she was rapping. Shows she had a character flaw if she would lie about something like that back then but she seems to have grown out of that and she may have inspired others to get an education.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Saw the film last night and it was dope. I really recommend it because everyone did a good job acting with the exception of the guy she went to for paperwork which I wondered if that was based on a real story.

Also to see Nas in it was crazy. Funny how things come full circle :ahh:

I didn’t even realize he was Shan until half way through the movie.

Shan was a star during that time, but they made him seem like he was just a neighborhood guy that hung around Shante.

Movie was pretty good though.
You sure? I checked WIki and it look like Roxane's Revenge came out in 1984 before Shan started releasing his recordings which began in 85. He was biggest for his song The Bridge which came out two years after Roxane's Revenge in 1986. With that considered maybe he was her side kick to an extent at this time but they also could be exaggerating things as they do in movies.