Rotten Tomatoes under fire for paid reviews

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I knew this when that piece of shyt The American released and it had a fresh rating on RT. :unimpressed:

IMDB user reviews >>>>>

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'll be back once I read the article because the replies in here are just assuming Disney is paying for better scores :heh:

I'll save you some time.
They got the goods on indie movies that go straight to VOD. Ophelia is the only one named for sure and they say it's possible other flims promoted by a PR firm Bunker 15 might also be manipulated. But they name 1 movie that is for sure and none that are from big studios.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I'll be back once I read the article because the replies in here are just assuming Disney is paying for better scores :heh:
Why can't it be assumed especially considering that movie reviews are based on personal opinion that can easily be biased or manipulated. You can tell the bias in a lot of rotten tomato reviews or even articles in general.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The scandal wouldn't be worth the fresh tomato?
You sure about that? Because people's biases would have them not believing the story even if the evidence is right in front of their face or even care enough for that matter. Case in your point your comments.

Those type of things have been rampant in the Hollywood and entertainment industry and it'd be naive to believe otherwise.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
You sure about that? Because people's biases would have them not believing the story even if the evidence is right in front of their face or even care enough for that matter. Case in your point your comments.

Those type of things have been rampant in the Hollywood and entertainment industry and it'd be naive to believe otherwise.
I just explained the jist of article posted. They named one movie and PR firm for a movie that went straight to VOD. Is that evidence against the entire industry? I don't think so.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I just explained the jist of article posted. They named one movie and PR firm for a movie that went straight to VOD. Is that evidence against the entire industry? I don't think so.
If you actually do your research if you would find multiple instances of these type of things happening. Hell, it's why the BBB shouldn't necessarily be trusted as companies can manipulate aspects if they pay enough money and care to do so.

These type of things happen and the entertainment industry isn't the exception to that especially when reviews are based on personal opinion that can easily be manipulated.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
If you actually do your research if you would find multiple instances of these type of things happening. Hell, it's why the BBB shouldn't necessarily be trusted as companies can manipulate aspects if they pay enough money and care to do so.

These type of things happen and the entertainment industry isn't the exception to that especially when reviews are based on personal opinion that can easily be manipulated.
Sounds like you did the research already. Please share the evidence?