Daps
Reppin
NULL

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Anybody got a buck? :patrice:

Is the book anything worth reading?

And I get that dude is not a PLer, but those last two videos were :merchant:.

tonyclifton

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Figured I'd add in some body weight guys :

@CanesMiamiLakers

@Throwbacksample

@Ishlibidish23

@tonyclifton

@nawlinsnfinest

@G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

@s0f0cused

@Pyrexcup

@GUWOPPERS

@areohbee82

A solid book with good ideas for programming from this guy:

585 lb Deadlift

400 lb Deadlift

He's primarily a body weight or alternative weight training guy.
His goal is to promote low tech, "cheap" ways to get phenomenally fit.
Right down to the cheap book ! Check it out !

Ross Enamait

Dope I’ll check it out.

Son Goku

Daps
Could a skinny guy gain decent muscle with a kettlebell?

I'd say it depends on what you consider "decent".

Will you be a pro BBer? No.
Could you be in decent shape? Yes.
Will you look like you lift? Maybe.*

* Depends on your diet, recovery, and exercise selection. Having heavier KBs would probably be better.

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
I'd say it depends on what you consider "decent".

Will you be a pro BBer? No.
Could you be in decent shape? Yes.
Will you look like you lift? Maybe.*

* Depends on your diet, recovery, and exercise selection. Having heavier KBs would probably be better.

Yeah barbell still the goat when it comes to putting on notable muscle the fastest. Only exercises I do with barbells are Overhead Press, Squats, and Deadlifts.

Everything else I do with dumbbells and bodyweight.

I asked about the kettlebells mainly bc I can't fit a squat rack in my crib. I got two 25lbs dumbbells and have been trying to make it work. Don't really see the utility of kettlebells even when I got dumbbells. Guessing certain moments are only viable with kettlebells??

Son Goku

Daps
Yeah barbell still the goat when it comes to putting on notable muscle the fastest. Only exercises I do with barbells are Overhead Press, Squats, and Deadlifts.

I asked about the kettlebells mainly bc I can't fit a squat rack in my crib. I got two 25lbs dumbbells and have been trying to make it work. Don't really see the utility of kettlebells even when I got dumbbells. Guessing certain moments are only viable with kettlebells??

Whyuno barbell row? No barbell bench? :mjcry:

As for kb only movements, I can't really think of any except maybe swings. Wouldn't try doing them with a db.

Some may definitely be more comfortable, especially if you need to hold the weight in a front rack position.

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
Whyuno barbell row? No barbell bench? :mjcry:

As for kb only movements, I can't really think of any except maybe swings. Wouldn't try doing them with a db.

Some may definitely be more comfortable, especially if you need to hold the weight in a front rack position.

I do row sometimes. I prefer pull ups but I do rotate rows when I can. My bench form is trash, idk why but I never get the proper pump or tension in my chest from the bench. I try to substitute it with the overhead press and dumbbell press variants.

Son Goku

Daps
I do row sometimes. I prefer pull ups but I do rotate rows when I can. My bench form is trash, idk why but I never get the proper pump or tension in my chest from the bench. I try to substitute it with the overhead press and dumbbell press variants.

Naw B, you need to do rows and pull/chin-ups. Hit all the muscles in your back completely.

As for bench, it sounds like your form is trash cause you don't practice enough (no offense). Bench form is deceptively difficult to master. A lot of cats have no arch, no leg drive, create no intra-abdominal pressure and then wonder why they can't get more out of the lift. Also, a stronger, thicker back makes pressing much easier and safer (see point above).

Been benching for a few years and my form is still ass, much more so than any other lift.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
With years of lifting underneath my belt and YouTube I don’t need any program to know how to workout but I’ll take a look at it anyways.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Naw B, you need to do rows and pull/chin-ups. Hit all the muscles in your back completely.

As for bench, it sounds like your form is trash cause you don't practice enough (no offense). Bench form is deceptively difficult to master. A lot of cats have no arch, no leg drive, create no intra-abdominal pressure and then wonder why they can't get more out of the lift. Also, a stronger, thicker back makes pressing much easier and safer (see point above).

Been benching for a few years and my form is still ass, much more so than any other lift.
Why is your form ass if you’ve been lifting for years lmao. I say the only thing I need to really fix is getting more power from my legs when benching.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps

Why no Bench press, barbell rows, bicep curls?!