Rose Bowl Looking To Exit Semifinal Playoff Rotation

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

Long story short the Rose Bowl only wants the Jan 1 date. Since semifinals are not held on that date they don’t want those games. They want to be permanent quarterfinal hosts.

Gotta be a financial loss for that, media fee wise. But I guess when you old, rich, and white you can tell folks to kick rocks no matter how much money they try and throw at you.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Rose Bowl needs to get on board.. its a fast moving world. No one cares about bowl tradition anymore.

The people in charge probably care more about the floats, parade, and festivities than the actual game now.

I imagine it’s hard to coordinate that stuff if the game isn’t on a holiday.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Yeah they gotta maintain their pageantry in these games or there’s no real distinction between them and some of these other top level hosts.

I just can’t imagine what caliber of game they’re getting if they’re totally out of the playoffs though. The playoffs will effectively be the top 12 teams in the sport. Who’s coming out for a 13/14 matchup?

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Rose Bowl needs to get on board.. its a fast moving world. No one cares about bowl tradition anymore.
The television ratings and live gates plummetting on these bowl games ever since they've become playoffs beg to differ.

People absolutely care about bowl tradition. The bowl games have became meaningless and genuinely skippable (the players and coaches even :dead: ) ever since they got rid of tradition to generate more television content.

The Rose Bowl on Jan 1st > The College football post-season game presented by Random sponsor on some random day in January or December

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Long story short the Rose Bowl only wants the Jan 1 date. Since semifinals are not held on that date they don’t want those games. They want to be permanent quarterfinal hosts.

Gotta be a financial loss for that, media fee wise. But I guess when you old, rich, and white you can tell folks to kick rocks no matter how much money they try and throw at you.
Fukk em put the game in dallas the cowboys will be done by then anyway :banderas:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its no longer about "tradition" the days of the late great keith jackson calling these games are over. Now we're at the apex of the sport. Playoffs are what we wanted for decades now. I do feel for the teams that dont make the playoffs because those bowl games are shyt. Maybe they need to pay these guys to play in these bowl games and give the winner more than the loser.

charknicks

All Star
Daps
Man I just love college football at the Rose Bowl

Pasadena, CA

The sunset in the background

:banderas:

Being at a Rose Bowl game is awesome and should be attended by each of you at least once. That being said, the not wanting to budge from the Jan 1st date does hurt College Football, especially since they dont have the traditional Pac 10/Big 10 matchup anymore.

They should at least have a National Championship game at the Rose Bowl in a rotation.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Being at a Rose Bowl game is awesome and should be attended by each of you at least once. That being said, the not wanting to budge from the Jan 1st date does hurt College Football, especially since they dont have the traditional Pac 10/Big 10 matchup anymore.

They should at least have a National Championship game at the Rose Bowl in a rotation.
You are so right I can hope I get to go the Rose Bowl for a game in my lifetime

And yes they are being stubborn here.

The landscape in College Football has changed and they have to change with it

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps

screenshot-2024-01-01-at-82933-pm.png

The mountains in the background is beautiful