Ronin is an underrated movie

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
Classic.

The simplicity and it being straight to the point is what makes it great.
Gave you a classic car chase.
Some cold lines by De Niro.
I fukked with the heist plots/planning.
De Niro sonning nikkas with his wits/demeanor.
Good gunfights.

De Niro waking up suited and booted :russ: nikka went to sleep in cuff links and all

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
It was pretty close to Heat, in terms of release, within three years, and De Niro's character pretty closely tracks Neal McCauley, so some critics may have been unfair

when I saw it in 1998, it was good, but we were expecting something incredible. Should rewatch 25 years later. Don't remember seeing it again.

Never walk into a room I can't walk out of

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
GUkXPk.gif

:wow:

Very underrated. I went out of my way last week to watch "The Score" and "Ronin." DeNiro was in his bag from 98 to '01.

Some of the best shootouts I've seen. Euro cacs getting mowed down on the street. Blood squibs and delayed body drops. :blessed:

tumblr_mdeixxc0xR1qm3ypqo1_500.gif

Great car chases that felt like precursors to the Bourne series.

ronin-will-thrill-you-like-no-car-film-can-1476934621639.gif

:skip:

Plot was very similar to the first Mission: Impossible. Stellan Skarsgard on straight :demonic: time. Was bout to ice a kid at the jungle gym and ended up splattering a dude's brains like The Predator did Mac. :wow:

fF3P4e.gif

Draw it again. It's a simple diagram. Draw it again. DRAW IT AGAIN :damn:

78e0d0775610252c1f79826bc249e99441f57968.gif

Screenshot-20230630-172646.png

I felt like this was a ⭐⭐⭐ movie. I'm with you. Underrated and underappreciated.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Yeah, I could see how it felt like a retread of Heat but it had its own flex.

One thing that came to mind in retrospect is how the entire premise would make a very cool IP as an open world game. Planning the caper, the FPS shootout sections but mainly the car chases is Paris. You could throw in some side missions like arms dealing and various other illicit funds things, spy sections etc... and people would be all over it because the scene was set very well. Each character could have their own backstory and afterword as well along with the main tale. Online recruitment with one Sean Bean who noone playing but the one knows who is and he is there to sabotage the rest...

I'm surprised they haven't done that yet and stitched all the styles of play into one coherent world with its own story and aim. Or maybe they have and I aint seen it.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I was also about 12 when I saw this, so I am sure I could appreciate it more

@Avisible Man

that's a good pairing, going to do that too. Saw The Score in theaters and was underwhelmed, but again, was probably 14 years old, and my taste in movies wasn't as developed. That's a great thing about getting older, is watching movies, and appreciating so many different elements you never caught, like the themes, the set design, the costume design, the direction, the actual subtle acting. It makes even dumb movies more fun.

As a kid for me, the plot was what I focused on.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Subtle is a good word for this one because whilst the action scenes are big the rest is all very muted and understated. Also all of the characters are very well fleshed out because you can tell they all come from their own lanes and were recruited for their skills. Thats what made the game concept ring because there is already a lot to play with.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Ronin is the type of movie I miss the most. It's like a 7-8 out of 10, great cast, mostly CGI free action but the most important thing is that it is fun. It's not trying to be a comedy but has funny moments. It's nobodies fav. movie but everybody that has seen it likes it.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Watching The Last of The Mohcians the other night

caught two different scenes that had never really "seen" before

the sexual chemistry between Lewis, and Madeline Stowe, as they are laying in the forrest, and she is saying something like "it's a stirring in my blood, unlike anything I could ever imagine": while talking about the wilderness/freedom of the settlers vs. the norms and rituals of England/Boston

When the younger brother sees Alice being led into the cliffs, and he says goodbye of sorts to his Dad, just by touching his shoulder for less than 10 seconds.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Watching The Last of The Mohcians the other night

caught two different scenes that had never really "seen" before

the sexual chemistry between Lewis, and Madeline Stowe, as they are laying in the forrest, and she is saying something like "it's a stirring in my blood, unlike anything I could ever imagine": while talking about the wilderness/freedom of the settlers vs. the norms and rituals of England/Boston

When the younger brother sees Alice being led into the cliffs, and he says goodbye of sorts to his Dad, just by touching his shoulder for less than 10 seconds.

Sir, sir, you are in the wrong thread. The Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched thread is over there