Roger Ebert and Muhammad Ali review "Rocky II"

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
Ali was a hilarious dude, man

Rocky's wife turned to him and said, "There's one thing I want you to do for me. Win."

"Yeah!" said Ali. "Beat that ******'s ass!":russ:

"For the black man to come out superior," Ali said, "would be against America's teachings. I have been so great in boxing they had to create an image like Rocky, a white image on the screen, to counteract my image in the ring. America has to have its white images, no matter where it gets them. Jesus, Wonder Woman, Tarzan and Rocky.":russ:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
My grandfather despised the Rocky series.Even if he accidently landed on it while channel surfing, he'd go "AWWWW shyt:scust:" If you know elderly black folks, when they cry out "Awwww shyt!" They're purely & utterly disgusted.He was born in 1937.Boxed most of his life.Until he joined the NOI in the 60's.He was there when the LAPD raided one of the mosque in Los Angeles.They shot & paralyzed his best friend.He wasn't too fond of white folks & he absolutely despised cops.No way was he about to watch Stallone beat up on a brother.We could only watch real boxing at his house.Oddly enough, he loved this one Hispanic boxer named Michael Carbajal.Come to find out, he only loved him because Carbajal beat down a Phoenix police officer back in the day:russ:He'd go "Ha Ha! Ol' Carbajal!!:myman:" anytime we'd see him on TV...They don't make em like that no more:mjcry:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Reminds me of how people see Canelo..cheering on a white Mexican who is scared to death of black fighters and even Mexican fighters in their prime. Excellent read though.