Rocky IV: Easily the most overrated movie in the history of THE WORLD by MILES

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
forgive the purposefully cliche hyperbolic thread title but damn brehs, Rocky IV was crazy overrated and is almost as bad as V.

First of all what, single thing about this movie is "Best" of the series?

The fighting? NO. Rocky II.
The villian? NO. Rocky III.
The training montage? NO. Rocky III.
The 'internal struggle' early montage? NO. Rocky III.
The outside of the ring personal storyline? NO. Rocky I.
The writing and uniqueness of the story? NO. Rocky I or V.

Most people like IV because of drago, but CREED and LANG are lightyears better heels, and the boxing scenes are more entertaining in II especially (spare me the movie boxing stuff, boxing purists). Drago has 1 good line in the entire MOVIE. I can quote almost everything lang said in III. Hell, fake don king in V was more entertaining.

'Hearts on fire' training montage is the most overrated thing in history...it was beyond corny both the song and the training...I can't even watch that scene anymore...you dare compare that to eye of the tiger? To the OG training montage running through philly???? Rocky Balboa's training montage featuring old man Balboa was better.

I really can't stand rocky iv in retrospect...the CHEESY ending, the canned 'americans vs. russians' storyline...straight out of 1981 WWF...it was really rehashed. The only redeemable value of the movie was that it produced this:

:damn:

Rocky IV.....D+

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Wow gizzlers.Im floored.

its not a popular opinion but I at least support my stance.

Rocky IV is not the best anything in the history of the series.

if given the chance I would definitely watch Rocky Balboa over it right now. I can't even watch that AWFUL stressed out driving scene in Rocky IV...I didn't even mention that trash in the OP.

Drago is just barely better than Mason Dixon; at least Dixon was a realistic portrayal of a current era boxer though

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I noticed nyggas like 3 the most cause it had the most nyggas. Lang was scary but come on breh, 3's story is the 3rd worse of the 6. Yes 4 was political...but i personally like it the 2nd most after 1. The soundtrack alone comment makes me think ur trolling. Shyt is piff. The training montage was epic.

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I feel the same way breh breh

My favs In order
1. I - classic
2. II - great follow up to the first one
3.III - mr. T was gully as hell. My only problem is they didnt really show mr. T after he won the title

The 4th movie was ok but not to the quality of the first 3

4th one is the best, stop it :comeon:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
My favorite scene in IV is No Easy Way Out...probably one of the best summations of a film series to that point.

The story however, is more or less a copy and paste of 3. Sort of like Hangover 2 was of 1, just not as badly done.

Don't get me wrong, I still fukks with 4, but I think it's funny when I see some people say IV's story > III

Vince DiCola's Training Montage as well as War are the shyt though...they're up there with Conti's scores for the film.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I noticed nyggas like 3 the most cause it had the most nyggas. Lang was scary but come on breh, 3's story is the 3rd worse of the 6. Yes 4 was political...but i personally like it the 2nd most after 1. The soundtrack alone comment makes me think ur trolling. Shyt is piff. The training montage was epic.

Three had maybe the best story. Rocky got arrogant and weak..and he held back the hungry and well deserved lang and got the L he should have...and he lost the man who got him there...

He then has to go back to his roots...no...go DEEPER and get tougher..maybe the BEST story of them all.