Rockstar Developers Patent New NPC Tech, Potentially for GTA 6

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I guess no one has any concerns with this new tech being based on being connected to cloud services and that the next mainline GTA might be online-only?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I wouldn’t consider 32 people an MMO

A lot of MMO have user caps depending on the zone and server anyway. The number of people in one area isn’t the only thing that makes something an MMO. There are MMO’s with that many people in a party/zone at a time.

The thing that makes it an MMO is the entire online structure, you go into parties, you level up, you get new items, and you have a basic hub world which is managed and updated entirely by rockstar. There’s also the entire MTX aspect of it.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Great. AI is definitely one of the areas of videogames that has the least progressed over the years, probably because it's so hard and expensive to do.

I hope that whatever they do, it'll push the conventions a bit.

Using internet to circumvent the technical limitations is a great idea. Let's just hope that the patent ends up being used.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
LOL y’all back dikk eating rockstar again? :mjlol: None of this will be relevant if the shyt is a bland snore fest which is what V and especially RDR2 was

Cereal_Bowl_Assassin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I guess no one has any concerns with this new tech being based on being connected to cloud services and that the next mainline GTA might be online-only?

I dont and imo it needs to happen for most open world games. Having access to the cloud makes it easier for developers to build a game that won't be limited by certain architecture and certain things (i.e. a populated city) could be changed on the fly. They will have the ability to build bigger cities that are interactive as well instead of having cities that are big but filled with few characters characters or diverse cities with unresponsive npc's

I understand the concern and I dont think all games should he connected online 24/7 but open world games is a must imo

Cereal_Bowl_Assassin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
LOL y’all back dikk eating rockstar again? :mjlol: None of this will be relevant if the shyt is a bland snore fest which is what V and especially RDR2 was

Rdr2 is probably my favorite game ever...people have different preferences..I loved Witcher 2 but felt that Witcher 3 was kinda meh (lack of diverse npcs, a lot of the enemies had similar movement patterns when fighting, wayyy too long dialog (subjective))

It maybe the programmer in me but rfr 2 is a technical marvel...and yes I enjoy the slow pace:russ:

Last edited: