Rocket League [PC|PS4|XB1|SWITCH] Official Thread

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Fix for overheating PS4 systems with Rocket League found
Rocket League released on PS4 and PC yesterday and experienced a few hiccups. The game’s servers have been off most of the time and some PS4 users were seeing their systems overheat on the game’s menu screen after only 10 minutes or so.
It appears that this issue is due to all of the stuff going on in the background of the main menu.
While a long-term fix is surely in the works over at the developer of Rocket League, a temporary fix for those experiencing Rocket League overheating their PS4 systems is to use the right analog stick on the main menu to point the screen downwards towards your car. This stops the game from putting all of the background stuff on screen, thus decreasing the amount of fan intervention and heat in your system.
Psyonix released an official statement about the overheating issues, swearing that they will fix it soon.
We are aware of these reports and we are taking them very seriously. We have already taken measures to reduce fan noise in upcoming hot fixes and patches, and we are also investigating what kind of effect the excessive fan noise may have on the system itself. We’ll definitely keep everyone updated with what we find.
It looks like we won’t need this quick fix for long as Psyonix is on the case.
Users from across the web are reporting that this small tweak is working for them so if its happening to you, give it a shot. At least until Psyonix has a better fix.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/comments/3cjqg5/temporary_hotfix_for_overheating_on_ps4_menus/

"so i found a temporary fix in regards to everyones ps4 fans going apeshyt on the menu. To quieten your PS4 simply face the menu camera to face directly down to your car down (right analog stick). The amount of shyt going on in the background menu is what's causing your PS4 to heat up.
hope this helps for a few folks"

:scust::mjlol:
Damn lmao, I remember playin the beta and likin it. This chit just gon be sittin in the library til its updated

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
are PS4's actually "overheating", or are the fans just making a lot of noise?

IMO you want the fans to be loud, because it means the game is making the hardware work hard

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
I played two games and it was fun as hell. Got a goal in each, but have a lot to learn. Anybody wanna get down on PS4 add me psn: rt96792