Rock* gives instructions to avoid character deletion

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
:wow:

http://www.examiner.com/article/gta-online-rockstar-gives-instructions-to-avoid-character-deletion

Rockstar Games provided an update Sunday to help Grand Theft Auto Online players on the PS3 and Xbox 360 avoid their characters being deleted. A GTA V patch to fix the issue is also in the works.
"Please do NOT use the 'Retry' button after receiving the message 'Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable' as this may result in loss of character data," Rockstar wrote on in an update one its support site. "If you are trying to access GTA Online and Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable, please exit to GTAV Story Mode and try entering GTA Online again through the Pause menu in Story Mode. We will be issuing a title update that will fix this issue as soon as possible."
Grand Theft Auto V players have been reporting the deletion of the characters since GTA Online launched last Tuesday. Rockstar Games finally addressed on the issue on Friday alongside the release of patch 1.02.
For those that have lost their characters, Rockstar Games says, "We are in the process of determining the options for addressing the issues for those players who have been affected."
If your character has been deleted and want to retain your character, the best course of action is to not create a new one in the same slot that would overwrite the lost one.
You can follow Scott via Facebook, Twitter, RSS feed or email alerts for all the latest game news and deals as well as the weekly Furious Fourcast podcast/videocast. All game news on Examiner can be followed at the Game On Facebook page and Twitter feed.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I aint going online till they patch it. Some of u nikkaz are furious :laff:

Nikkaz was on level 40+ :wow:

I played that intro with lamar more times than I can handle...

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
Let's see

2 discs and a flash drive for 360
Bottling the servers
Deleting online players' characters

wooow nikkas won't admit Rockstar fukked up but the GTA series has people so gassed up they can afford to get away with

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
I aint going online till they patch it. Some of u nikkaz are furious :laff:

Nikkaz was on level 40+ :wow:

I played that intro with lamar more times than I can handle...
after they finally fix this shyt, this will be my fourth fukking time :snoop:

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
This info would have been nice to have before my first guy died forever

fukk u rockstar

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I still havent been able to create a player

Every time I get on it says the cloud isnt available and I have to play with a temporary player :snoop:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
After 3 characters deleted over the weekend, one of which being lvl 15 w/ 15 hours, I can't imagine losing a 40+ character.

I haven't touched the game since Saturday, didn't finish the single player because although it is great, I personally don't care for the story that much. My life is more similar to Michael but I identify with Franklyn, who has the lamest side-missions. I'd rather play the drug smuggling and hunting with Frank but I detest everything about Trevor. I stopped playing SP towards the middle of the game, the Online was what I was really interested in from day 1... and now the shyt doesn't even work. :stopitslime:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Something similar like this happened with a game I was dying to play online. MK9... remember when that dropped? It came out just before psn got hacked then was taken down for weeks. So much time had passed before we were able to play online that to this day I lost complete interest.

Right now I have my sights on Watchdogs (ps4) & BF4 (ps4). If it isn't resolved before November, i doubt I'll play it. It was fun and the gta online has a lot of potential but it isn't exactly something groundbreaking either.

Like I said on the socialclub, they should have released this (the beta) for free for paying psnplus/LiveGold members a month ago. But R* got greedy, they knew the big releases would drop in late oct - nov and they wanted to grab as many sales as possible as quickly as possible. This game would still do numbers regardless of what titles it competes with but it is blatantly apparent we the consumers have been played, yet again. Instead of releasing their precious IP to the open public for free testing and avoiding paying for testers, they sold us out and got us to pay for a game half finished.

StarClout

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broncos/NYY/NYR/ALA
I eventually gave up the day this dropped

battlefield-4-beta-download-issue-solution.jpg

Ironically GTA:O has worked for me this past weekend (came back to check) and has been smooth after I finished the tutorial missions