Roc Nation's newest artist??

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You dudes are sleeping on the album of the year. My boy Camp, who's in talks with Roc Nation right now and a few other labels, dropped his debut LP Disillusioned just about a month ago. He's got Young Chris from State Property on there (he's a personal friend of ours as you'll hear on the track). Camp funded the entire album by himself; wrote, executive produced, and is now marketing it by himself with the help of some of his friends such as myself. He's got a strong buzz building in South Philly but we need you guys to help spread some real hip-hop and bring back what so many of us have been missing. The song "The King Stays The King" for example is such a banger exposing corruption in politics, on it he raps, "George Or-well, 1984 he maybe saw, the future and he tried to warn us, the eye in the sky swarmin us, Big Brother's reach enormous makes me nauseous, I try to tell you all you say I'm paranoid and over-cautious." The rhyme schemes, multi's, flow, it's all amazing man I promise you my boys got real skills and is gona be making noise in this game for a long time.

I mean this is a cohesive conceptual album from start to finish created with just a few thousand dollar budget and a lot of blood sweat and tears shed through experiences that inspired tracks on the album and also while making the tracks. Give it a listen you won't regret it, it's real hip-hop with meaning and passion and creativity.

Just some background on my man Camp and the album itself:
Disillusioned is the debut LP from South Philly artist Joey Camp. Already working with industry vet and former Rocafella/State Prop Grammy Nominated recording artist Young Chris, Camp looks to earn his spot in the industry by dropping what many have called a true independent album. Camp has always read between the lines, questioned everything, and found the system to be corrupt and in many ways over-bearing and unnecessary, even at a very young age. At the age of 19 Camp's good friend was stabbed and murdered. Camp drove up just as his friend's murderer was getting away. His friend jumped in the car and Camp drove him to the hospital watching his friend slowly lose his struggle to survive. Joey Camp was never the same after this incident. This album is the culmination of Camp's struggles leading up to, but mainly stemming from this incident, while also including the life altering experiences and spiritual and political awakening he experienced from this traumatizing event in his life. Disillusioned is a complete album from start to finish, told through vivid lyrics and heartfelt stories, all based on true events in Camp's life. His lyricism, word play, flow, multi's, and overall skills on the mic are a throwback to the raw spitters of the late 90s/early 2000s, such as Nas, The LOX, Beanie Sigel, State Property, etc. while his content is more along the lines of modern artists such as Kendrick Lamar, J.Cole, Joe Budden, Wale, etc. He walks a fine line between hardcore and radio friendly hip-hop, while clearly never trying to make a pop song. Disillusioned should solidify Camp's place in hip-hop for years to come.

http://www.datpiff.com/Joey-Camp-ft...-Propert-Disillusioned-LP-mixtape.511927.html

Just give Diamond in the Dirt ft. Young Chris a listen and I guarantee you want to hear more. Kanye West's road manager Don C. did, so did Wale, J. Cole, and others that's why they all have copies of my man's LP and so should you.

Last edited:

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ld: seems more interesting than J Cole (if we're talking roc nation)
I'm a fan of J.Cole but this is my man since birth right here, being as objective as I can be I'd say my man is more talented and more entertaining than J.Cole. Good looks for the love man we're trying to get a strong movement going in Philly right now and then looking to expand from there.

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That track with young chris was dope:whew:
About to see what this mixtape is sounding like
That's love man thank you, the tape is a loose storyline about some real shyt that went on in our neighborhood and to him specifically, it's really dope, try to listen straight thru if u have time you'll appreciate it more as a cohesive project.

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone who fukks with the music share it with some hip-hop heads you think would like it too, let's get real hip-hop back where it belongs

Fapoose

Banned
Daps
Reppin
vA
I had to run that ' Can't let go ' track back. It's too nice. I'm really feeling the beat, He produced all of these ?

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I had to run that ' Can't let go ' track back. It's too nice. I'm really feeling the beat, He produced all of these ?
That's my shyt...i should've clarified, he didn't make the beats he executive produced all of it basically meaning he had complete creative control over all the music and oversaw all the mixing and mastering of the music, etc. but yea that Can't Let Go is no joke I love that track