RoboCop 3 = Good ideas, terrible execution

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
IFC has been replaying all the Robo movies so I watched the 3rd one for the first time in awhile. This has always gotten a lot of hate and deservedly so, though I personally think story-wise it's better than the 2nd. But the most frustrating thing about the movie is the fact that it has a lot of great ideas and could've been on par with the original if they were executed better. A militarized police unit that violently gentrifies a neighborhood, urban rebels deemed by the media as terrorists, the influence of corporations, etc. You take those themes and add in the gritty violence of the first two, a better lead actor as Murphy, better special effects and better dialogue and you have a solid film imo. But we all know how it turned out instead :scust:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I actually loved the concept of a drug addicted robot to control it

:mjlol: That shyt was funny and horrific at the same damned time... I mean Robots doesnt have taste buds and yet he wanted that liquid nuke... For his brain to get high I guess...:heh:

The part how robo Kain killed his girlfriend in that warehouse tho...:damn::huhldup::wtf: Like rolling up a piece of aluminum foil...:mjcry: She was bad too, what a waste...

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The end of the first one is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. The smile on the breh's fave after Robo shoots the dude is hilarious.

I remember the second movie being terrible. And the third being worse because they killed off Lewis. I think the remake was okay, but pretty forgettable. I can't remember much about it. :ld:

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
They missed out on the premise of the first one. It was rated R because it needed to be, it was a satirical look into the business world, and the general populous. Taming Robocop wasn't smart, nor was it the point. We weren't there for a deep story. We were there for gore and satire. Maybe one day will remake (Nolan) Robocop into a 2hr character piece, but it has to be rated R and they need to be willing to deal out the comedy.

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
:ohhh: i don't think i ever saw part 3.. didn't even know it existed.

i just checked out the jetpack scene on youtube though :scust:

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
man, they made this shyt pg13 to cash in on the toys n shyt too
Toys were dope though :blessed:

Movie was good comedy. The part where the black rebellion leader gives the kid a thumbs up before collapsing dead cracked me up every time

The studio knew this was trash, it came out like 3 years after it was filmed