Rite Aid about to file for bankruptcy...lot to discuss here

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Sheesh this is my pharmacy

All we have here are RiteAid, CVS, and our local grocery store. Before covid the one I went to was good, probably because it's near a hospital and 24/7.

Last few times I've had to go there I had to wait very long for them to fill my perception even though it was called in.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Wal Mart and Amazon are just letting these stores kill themselves while further investing in medicine delivery and services. I probably buy all the stuff I would've purchased at a rite aid (soaps, lotions, cleaners), on Amazon already...
RIP rite aid...:francis: between you and walgreens it was only a matter of time...
I hope you two are kidding. Walgreens is one of the biggest and most successful companies in this country. Their supply chain is huge and profitable and they have a chokehold on pharma within metropolitan areas.

I mean seriously, it’s a bigger firm than many of the other companies you consider successful. For example, out of the 500 highest revenue companies in the country, Walgreens ranks 27; out pacing behemoths such as Wellsfargo (47) and even Google(73).

And the other posters in here badmouthing cvs are equally crazy, cause cvs is in 6th place, outranking even Apple. Neither of these companies is going anywhere; and they will eat opioid settlements like skooby snacks,

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I hope you two are kidding. Walgreens is one of the biggest and most successful companies in this country. Their supply chain is huge and profitable and they have a chokehold on pharma within metropolitan areas.

I mean seriously, it’s a bigger firm than many of the other companies you consider successful. For example, out of the 500 highest revenue companies in the country, Walgreens ranks 27; out pacing behemoths such as Wellsfargo (47) and even Google(73).

And the other posters in here badmouthing cvs are equally crazy, cause cvs is in 6th place, outranking even Apple. Neither of these companies is going anywhere; and they will eat opioid settlements like skooby snacks,
CVS has the game on lock.

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
K&B was my OG

5d13d35bbc635.image.jpg

omnifax

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kalamazoo, MI #ADOS
Rite Aid been on the ropes for a good while...

If I'm not mistaken, Amazon was gonna buy them out at one point...

Walgreens tried to buy them but the Obama administration shut that down so they only bought stores where there was a large amount of overlap between the two chains.