RIP Tobe Hooper

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I had always heard the rumor that Spielberg had directed Poltergeist and I had just sort of shrugged it off as a silly rumor, but as I watching it last fall, I started digging into the rumor more and it is fascinating listening to Hooper and Spielberg in their own words. It's also fascinating listening to the producers, actors, and actresses of the film tell their own opinions too. Now I'm not sure what to believe on that matter. It's kind of crazy that Steven originally wanted Tobe for E.T. and if he had took that instead of Poltergeist, I wonder how that would have turned out.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I had always heard the rumor that Spielberg had directed Poltergeist and I had just sort of shrugged it off as a silly rumor, but as I watching it last fall, I started digging into the rumor more and it is fascinating listening to Hooper and Spielberg in their own words. It's also fascinating listening to the producers, actors, and actresses of the film tell their own opinions too. Now I'm not sure what to believe on that matter. It's kind of crazy that Steven originally wanted Tobe for E.T. and if he had took that instead of Poltergeist, I wonder how that would have turned out.

Yeah there keeps being this back and forth. There's a behind the scenes special from that time which seems to confirm it was Steven mostly and tobe handled stuff on days he couldn't be on set

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
RIP

I'd add Tom Holland... Fright Night, Child's Play, Thinner.

That scene from part 2 is one of the first memories I have of a horror movie, chainsawing off the top of dudes head. Scene stuck in my head forever. Part 2 is such a weird fukking movie and i really don't think they knew what they wanted to do with that flick.
Even the poster was :francis:

Texas_chainsaw_massacre_2_poster.jpg
:dwillhuh:

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
That scene from part 2 is one of the first memories I have of a horror movie, chainsawing off the top of dudes head. Scene stuck in my head forever. Part 2 is such a weird fukking movie and i really don't think they knew what they wanted to do with that flick.
Even the poster was :francis:

Texas_chainsaw_massacre_2_poster.jpg
:dwillhuh:

It's a parody of the Breakfast Club movie poster.

large_bxGl9YZrQscDGh69IxmTweY01X.jpg

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Right. Exactly my point, just a weird direction compared to the original and so campy. Just always wierded me out as a kid cuz I had no idea what the movie was about lol
it was tobe hooper saying a big fukk you to Cannon pictures..
it was deliberately to go way left than the OG..

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Right. Exactly my point, just a weird direction compared to the original and so campy. Just always wierded me out as a kid cuz I had no idea what the movie was about lol

LOL I don't know man. Ive read online that there are one or 2 big scenes in the film that were cut and the movie was way more violent than the sh-t they put out. There is a workprint of it out there that has these scenes...

But the scene that creeped me out when I was young is when Chop Top randomly appears at the radio station and he's just sitting there rambling acting like a weirdo.

Last edited:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
LOL I don't know man. Ive read online that there are one or 2 big scenes in the film that were cut and the movie was way more violent than the sh-t they put out. There is a workprint of it out there that has these scenes...

But the scene that creeped me out when I was young is when Chop Top randomly appears at the radio station and he's just sitting there rambling acting like a weirdo.
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, the (Comparison: Unrated version - Workprint) - Movie-Censorship.com