Rip to the great Angela Lansbury (Murder she wrote)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
when this came on i was not allowed to make a fukking sound :pachaha:

my aunts gonna be broken up fr tho. murder she wrote and jeopardy always seemed to be on back in those days. that generation really about to be gone completely...

br82186

Superstar
Daps
when this came on i was not allowed to make a fukking sound :pachaha:

my aunts gonna be broken up fr tho. murder she wrote and jeopardy always seemed to be on back in those days. that generation really about to be gone completely...
That OG McGyver, and Perry Mason would have our mothers and grandmothers ready to kill if we made any noise while those were on.

I wouldn't be surprised if those were the inspiration to create Patty and Selma from the Simpsons

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Even though as a kid I always rolled my eyes when it would come on, sometimes I would catch myself getting caught up in an episode.

Great show.

RIP

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
RIP.
Aways thought they would do a reunion show and reveal that she was the greatest serial killer ever and had framed everyone else over the years

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
RIP

shyt 97...it's wild to think she and other folks around her age saw the birth of TV/color TV, the internet, etc.

I hope I make it to 97
No u dont. Every damn 80+ i come across is miserable and waiting to die. Not all, but most. It's rare to find a very old happy person. Dealing with health issues and lack of physicality is enough to wanna off yourself at that age.

anyways, RIP to a TV legend. My moms used to watch this show every time it came on.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
She's the first notable person who I was able to spot in a Disney movie. "That's the lady from Murder She Wrote voicing Mrs. Potts." I also watched the original The Manchurian Candidate film in history class, and I couldn't wait to see her character get her comeuppance via a bullet through the head.

:rip:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
that small affluent town had the highest murder rate in america
Insane the amount of murders they had, and the police force were terrible too:

At first, Cabot Cove doesn't seem all that bad. It's an idyllic coastal community of only 3,000, so you can't complain about the atmosphere. Also, for a town in the typically unwashed state of Maine, the townsfolk are relatively attractive, consistently looking (and for some reason acting) like they just stepped off the set of a soap opera.

However, none of that changes the fact that if you lived in Cabot Cove from 1984-1996, there was a pretty good chance that someone was going to murder your ass. With a body count of up to eight per episode, Cabot Cove experienced an outbreak of no less than 800 murders during the time that Jessica Fletcher lived there. And the crimes tended to be local on local, meaning that over half of the population was involved in a murder in a twelve year span. (Hear that, Camden, NJ?)

Law Enforcement:
In a small town like Cabot Cove, you'd think that the limited suspect pool would have enabled the cops to solve murders pretty quickly. But time after time, the Cabot Cove PD would arrest the wrong person, falling for clearly planted clues like a suspect's hat being left at the scene of the crime, and ignoring obvious culprits like the guy in the corner laughing maniacally while steepling his bloody fingers.​

Sure, Jessica Fletcher would set the cops straight in the end, but not before the cops would tell her to "leave this one up to the professionals." And just imagine what happened when the swinging queen of crime fiction was off on one of her many vacations. (Where people coincidentally were also always getting murdered.) If you live in Cabot Cove, you're either going to commit murder, get murdered, be falsely accused of murder, or you're a shyt-stupid cop. Take your pick.

• Haha
Reactions: NZA