RIP Stan Musial

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
He wasn't better than Pujols but I was a big fan of him as a kid with videos being a historian of the game.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Not one joke in this thread.. this board is real respectful when it comes to white folk. Old people die everyday.Stan was a racist.

Comment of the Day: Curt Flood Jr. talks about the Stan Musial restaurant story | HardballTalk

from your own link

Let me say at the outset that I have been in Musial’s company on several occasions. I once even sat next to him at a Cardinals Old Timers Game” in the dugout at the old Busch Stadium for about an an hour. He was warm, gracious and said things about my father that were beautiful. He also graciously signed everything that i could find that was not nailed down. Stan Musial is a good, decent and honorable man.

I have not read Mr. Chass’s blog, however, the incident DID in fact happen to my father and my mother. But according to my parents, Mr. Musial was not in the restaurant. His doorman that night called Mr. Musial by telephone, but by the time it could rectified, my parents were pretty much fed up with not being fed up.

Best,

Curt Flood, Jr.

this is a baseball thread, and baseball reveres its legends more than any other sport in america. got nothing to do with white folk. if you wanna shyt on a dead man at least read your own sources first :childplease:

superunknown23

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Musial publicly supported Jackie Robinson in 1947 while Enos Slaughter and other Cardinal teammates were shouting racial epithets at him :beli:

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
The phrase "Stan The Man" wasn't used until he suited up for the Cards.

RIP to a legend. I remember the Angels last season having a advertising campaign where they had Albert Pujols on billboards with the phrase: "The Man" in spanish. Pujols immediately had them scrap the idea cause even though he was no longer a Card, he didn't want to disrespect Stan Musial in any way. :salute: