fka King Napz
Daps
Reppin
VA
kmd-zev-love-x-dj-subroc.jpg

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
R.I.P. One of my favorite producers. I hate seeing people go so young.

The_Hillsta

Neva missin a beat
Daps
"Back with my brother, that's what my tomb will say, right above my government Dumile."

Wow, wow.....

Yall remember when Operation Doomsday was first bubblin on the internet when it first dropped? Underground college radio lost it..shyt, sohh days vanderslice vs. Desert Storm....

Wow...the time.....feels like yesterday. fukk...its been over 20? Unbelievable.

RIP bruh

DoomzdayzV

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
anyways....if hes actually gone.....rip. I just dont believe it

wasnt a big doom fan but KMD was one of the first groups I can remember checking for back when I was gettin my feet wet in this hiphop shyt

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wrote this on my FB/Instagram

I remember my reaction the first time I listened to Madvillainy. At the time there were a few underground emcees I listened to but my interest was mostly mainstream hip hop. I had seen enough blogs and publications praising Madvillain for me to give it a listen however.

My initial reactions? Why are the songs so short? What the hell is he talking about? Why is he offbeat on some of the songs? It was so radically different than anything I was accustomed to hearing in hip hop at the time. Yet even though I didn’t quite know how to process it I knew I was intrigued. Certain lines stood out to me. The obscure Biblical references. The comic book references. His sense of humor. His wordplay. The fact that he was playing multiple characters in different songs. The way he phrased certain lines in a way that was completely original.

I read more about him and his story. How the industry betrayed him. How he coped with the death of his brother. And how he returned with a vengeance and made music on his own terms. The fact that he wore a mask to hide his face in an industry that’s so obsessively image-conscious. Knowing his story and his style gave me a better perspective when I returned to Madvillainy. I started picking up certain lines, certain phrases. And it quickly became one of my favorite albums of all time.

MF DOOM was a true artist and a true originator. This is a HUGE loss for hip hop. For those interested in checking out his music, I urge you to start with Madvillainy and go from there.

RIP Daniel Dumile, aka Zev Love X, aka King Geedorah, aka King Ghidra, aka Viktor Vaughn, aka Metal Fingers, aka King Dumile, aka DOOM, aka Metal Face, aka the best emcee with no chain ya ever heard, aka MF DOOM. May his legacy and rhymes live on forever.

And remember, ALL CAPS WHEN YOU SPELL THE MAN’S NAME.