RIP Big Baller Brand:

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
How people think that dudes are hating on Levar because he tried to build his own brand is mental to me.

That first Rookie contract is not generational wealth.

The amount of shyt that can happen health wise, career wise, team wise and league wise between that first deal and the next deal is vast.

Go ahead and make your own brand, but don’t pass up the chance at guaranteed sneaker money. Then if it all falls down your still good. If it all goes well, your all good PLUS funded to go on your own with the next step of your brand.

The way LaVar went about it was risky as hell and was playing with his sons money, not his own. That’s why people are shaking their head at this, not because they didn’t want to see a black man try it.

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
:martin: you said nothing about an “independent shoe”, you said his own brand, but even then he could still work toward that. Imagine Lonzo has a popular Nike shoe, while his little bro is the face of BBB.

Much better outcome than this nonsense.
nikka 3 years ago u didn’t know Melo going to the league was a guarantee:camby:

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
Yes when you could have made millions from Nike and instead got nothing that's some dumb shyt. He could have worked with Nike to establish his brand but instead BBB a joke and him and his pops look like idiots,
If u think a nikka wanting to do his own brand from the jump is dumb and should dilute their brand just bc a big corp has interest in you, then there’s nothing more to talk about. I agree to disagree :manny:

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
BBB was a bust because Zo was a bust. If he was as good as Tatum, Ja, Ingram, Trae etc it would've been huge.

Lavar bet on his son and failed.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
Yes when you could have made millions from Nike and instead got nothing that's some dumb shyt. He could have worked with Nike to establish his brand but instead BBB a joke and him and his pops look like idiots,
they tried, nike declined.

melo is the golden child, he could boost the brand back up if he'd listen to his father and not his brother. good to see gelo sticking with his dad, he's loyal af.

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
they tried, nike declined.

melo is the golden child, he could boost the brand back up if he'd listen to his father and not his brother. good to see gelo sticking with his dad, he's loyal af.

they turned down like 10 million and put out they trash and bombed, sign the Nike deal and develop youre brand with Nike or after nike but secure the fukking bag. lol at listen to his father he done fukked the family outta millions.

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
If u think a nikka wanting to do his own brand from the jump is dumb and should dilute their brand just bc a big corp has interest in you, then there’s nothing more to talk about. I agree to disagree :manny:

leave 10 million on the table and youre an idiot. sorry to insult you but there isn't a nice way to say it. he could have got the bag and 3-5 years later with Nike or independently released youre shyt. instead you lose out on the nike deal, lose out on youre own personal cash that funded that clusterfukk and lose out on building youre brand

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
My forever posts in these threads

Where is proof that any BBB stan on here bought any product...

Until they can do that we shouldnt take anything any one of them says seriously
I might've seen one guy back in the day but yeah all this crabs in the bucket shyt is posturing. You dont get brownie points bc you lie and gas a nikka online

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Lonzo himself aint play some wildly explosive brand of basketball, and his father aint got a lick of real basketball knowledge. I just didnt know how he'd market the guy during the down periods in his career like Adidas does to a DRose or a similar string of injuries. It was just pure air and sensationalism