AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
"Ringtone era" dumbed down the black nation so badly,
But honestly,
Not all music that out now,
From this "freshman era"
Is not that good either.

You mean music still isn't good enough for ya?

Why don't you describe your image of what it should be than?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
:scusthov: D4L and laffy taffy along with Gucci mane so icy (I wasn't feelin him at first) were two songs that seriously had me ready to walk away from rap. This shyt started toward my last year and a half of college into my heavy post college clubbing years, so they definitely had the party crunk, yet the music as so garbage and got old real quick. Anyway, my contributions

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't fukk with much out today but skimming through this thread is making me appreciate it more. At least its listenable now. Music was so horrible during the ringtone era. There's literally not one song posted that I can get behind.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
:scusthov: D4L and laffy taffy along with Gucci mane so icy (I wasn't feelin him at first) were two songs that seriously had me ready to walk away from rap. This shyt started toward my last year and a half of college into my heavy post college clubbing years, so they definitely had the party crunk, yet the music as so garbage and got old real quick. Anyway, my contributions

That Lil Will shyt used to slap tho :whoo:

Swahili P'Bitek

Absorbingpovertywithoutlimitations
Daps
Reppin
Mtaani
Growing up as a child during this stretch is what made me seek out 90s hip hop, I can't lie. I wanted to familiarise myself with the genre and was hit in the face with this garbage and said there must have been better days to it surely.