Rick Ross - Black Dollar (Mixtape)

Superstar
Daps
This pretty much follows Ross' typical formula: Some Justice League beats, some D. Rich beats, a couple very southern trappy songs, some smooth rnb shyt for the bytches, then some celebratory/reminiscing closing tracks. Great project but Ross' shyt can be wayyy too predictable and sometimes boring as a result

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
This pretty much follows Ross' typical formula: Some Justice League beats, some D. Rich beats, a couple very southern trappy songs, some smooth rnb shyt for the bytches, then some celebratory/reminiscing closing tracks. Great project but Ross' shyt can be wayyy too predictable and sometimes boring as a result
You weren't listening to the lyrics. Ross elevated on some Deeper than Rap shyt...on the WHOLE project. Dude shocked me as much as i've seen since his evolution in 2009.

Superstar
Daps
You weren't listening to the lyrics. Ross elevated on some Deeper than Rap shyt...on the WHOLE project. Dude shocked me as much as i've seen since his evolution in 2009.

I'm not talking about the lyrical content... I'm talking about the very slight variations in the formula, production choices, and sequencing of a lot of his projects.

Black Dollar:
Tracks 1-9: Justice League shyt, smooth and boom bappy type, or just generally more hip-hop oriented songs
Tracks 10-12: Southern trap type songs
Tracks 13-14: Smooth rnb shyt for the bytches or some "fukk these hoes" type songs
Tracks 15-17: Celebratory/reminiscing closing songs
+ a Jay-Z sampled remake tribute song

Mastermind:
Tracks 1-7, 9: Justice League shyt, smooth and boom bappy type, or just generally more hip-hop oriented songs
Tracks 8, 11, & 15: Southern trap type songs
Tracks 10 & 13: Smooth rnb shyt for the bytches or some "fukk these hoes" type songs
Tracks 14 & 16: Celebratory/reminiscing closing songs
+ a Biggie sampled remake tribute song

GFID:
Tracks 1-7: Justice League shyt, smooth and boom bappy type, or just generally more hip-hop oriented songs
Tracks 8-10: Southern trap type songs
Tracks 11-14: Smooth rnb shyt for the bytches or some "fukk these hoes" type songs
Track 15: Celebratory/reminiscing closing song

Teflon Don, Deeper Than Rap, and Port of Miami follow this formula too but I won't get into those... don't remember Trilla or the other 2 mixtapes, but only other projects that don't look like this are Rich Forever & Hood Billionaire, both of which are pretty much hi-hats, 808s, and trap sounds for the whole album. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy most of Rick Ross' projects, I've just grown a lil tired of the rigidness in how he makes them.

Last edited: