Rewatching Moesha

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
The first four seasons were the show's peak. Even after Dorian was introduced, the show was still good but once they made Frank into Dorian's father, it left a permanent mark that they couldn't recover from.

The strange thing about Moesha is that even though the last two seasons weren't up to par with the first four, I was still able to watch it. Parts of it still felt like nothing had changed, but the problem is, they went for too much drama. The Parkers ended up being better because they were able to have dramatic moments without having them take over the show.

The parkers is horrible bruh.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Been watching since it got on Netflix. It aged pretty well IMO. There’s a drop off after they go to college/Dorian is revealed as Franks son but it’s not unwatchable. Dorian low key has the most interesting parts on a lot of these episodes.

similar when the other cousin was added to the cast in parenthood. Can’t remember his name

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I thought Moesha and Parkers were equally bad. Never understood why nikkas liked this show, or thought Brandy was fine. She always looked like a jack-o-lantern to me :yeshrug:
Hell no, Parkers was the worst caricaturization of black woken. Two loud, ghetto, fat black women chasing up after men. Moesha was a better show by far. Kim was sidekick material, not main character, I was always surprised at how long that show lasted

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I thought Moesha and Parkers were equally bad. Never understood why nikkas liked this show, or thought Brandy was fine. She always looked like a jack-o-lantern to me :yeshrug:

I mean don't get me wrong. I don't think no one puts Moesha in the upper echelon of black sitcoms (Fresh Prince/Martin/Cosbys/Different World/Living Single/Girlfriends) But i always thought Moesha was leap and bounds better then Parkers.

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
Moesha was gifted a brand new car and acted like she was above driving a Saturn. Only to buy a piece of shyt car and wishing she just accepted the Saturn. That was the height of her privilege
I wanted to slap the ish out her when she said no. It had a sunroof, with 6 speakers, and it was paid off!?:mjtf:
Her head just gets too big for herself sometimes...:snoop: