Rewatching GOT, The Starks Deserved Everything That Happened To Them

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
SPOILERS if you aren't caught up to the current season.

The first time I've seen GOT I basically treated the Starks as a protagonist so I've always saw any misfortune that came about them as unjust and cruel writing more than anything else. After going back through all the episodes again, I can confirm these dumb fukks deserve just about everything that happened to them. :stopitslime:

1. Ned - Good ol honorable, Ned. R.I.P my nikka:mjcry:. But it's hard to have too much sympathy when everyone and their mom in King's Landing told you, you better seize this power for yourself or make this gay nikka Renly king, because this chick Cersei ain't going to play fair. You already suspected that the Lannister's were behind Jon Arryn's death and you still going the diplomatic way about naming someone to rule the seven kingdoms. :stopitslime: The Joffrey heel turn was unexpected, but this could have all been prevented from the jump, at least in the short term. Hold this L. :francis:

2. Robb- Ol sucka for love ass nikka. He sound like a lot of you nikkas on this site, see some mixed exotical and willing to throw everything else out the window. :francis: Yo mama already told you, Walder Frey ain't the nikka you want to cross especially if he's the nikka YOU NEED. That hoe Talia would have understood and you could have fukked her on the side, my nikka Walder Frey would have probably even cosigned that. Roselyn was bad too. But no once again, you have to be "honorable" dealing with a bunch of families who don't even think twice about that shyt. P*ssy clouded what was ultimately at stake and that was his sisters. But wait there's more :lolbron: Momma once again told him not to trust Theon Greyjoy. You grew up with this nikka and couldn't tell he had fukkboy tendencies and a weak resolve. I knew it after two episodes. Some say he shouldn't have beheaded Karstark, but I actually don't have any issues with that decision. Homeboy was talking reckless to his face, even if you lock him up, he's still going to be talking shyt about you to his boys. Going to be looking funny in the light. :yeshrug:

3. Cat - Speaking of momma, Cat gotta come hold this L too. She gave Robb some good advice, but her letting Jamie go had to be the most idiotic thing up to this point in the show. Yes let's bring Jamie back to his home turf and hope Cersei honors her side of the bargain :mjlol:. If there is one thing Cersei has proven at this point, is that she don't give AF about being fair. And you going to trust Littlefinger's word, the same nikka who got Ned got? Both you and Robb deserved that untimely end for the repeated fukk ups in a war you were dominating. :upsetfavre:

4. Rickon - The shortest distance between one point to another point is a straight line. But if a nikka is shooting arrows at you, there ain't no shame in taking a detour. Hold this L fukkboy.

5. Bran -
Bran was doing so well too until this past season. :francis: That nikka was looking like the MVP of Starkset until he got his entire crew wiped out because he was "curious". Fukk Bran and anyone who love him. R.I.P my nikka Hordor.

6. Arya - As my mom used to call me, just damn hardheaded. Arya gets put in half the shytty positions in because she don't want to listen to nobody. All her trials and tribulations she faced at Bravos was a direct result of just not listening to this dude's instructions. Brienne just wants to help you:francis: You ain't ready to put on the face of another. :francis: If you don't kill this hoe, someone else will, and then we gon kill you. :francis: Hopefully now that she's out of Bravos and not under anyone she has less of these issues. Still very cringeworthy to see yet another Stark just not follow through of doing something they might not want to do, but will ultimately make their lives at lot easier.

7. Sansa -
You know it's bad when Sansa of all people has been y'alls MVP as of late. This bytch's unexplainable simping of Joffrey got a direwolf murked and it certainly didn't help Ned towards the end of his days either. :mjlol: Then she started simping gay ass Loras :mjlol:. Could have left with the Hound but thought being around Joffrey was a better decision :mjlol:. I gotta admit though Sansa has bossed up lately. I guess being with Joffrey and Ramsay back to back forces the idiotic Stark genes out of you. :ehh:

Jon Snow - As far as I'm concerned he's a Targaryen, which is why he probably makes the most sound decisions on average out of his family members. :umad:

TL:DR - Most of the Stark's pain is self-inflicted.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.

The first time I've seen GOT I basically treated the Starks as a protagonist so I've always saw any misfortune that came about them as unjust and cruel writing more than anything else. After going back through all the episodes again, I can confirm these dumb fukks deserve just about everything that happened to them. :stopitslime:

1. Ned - Good ol honorable, Ned. R.I.P my nikka:mjcry:. But it's hard to have too much sympathy when everyone and their mom in King's Landing told you, you better seize this power for yourself or make this gay nikka Renly king, because this chick Cersei ain't going to play fair. You already suspected that the Lannister's were behind Jon Arryn's death and you still going the diplomatic way about naming someone to rule the seven kingdoms. :stopitslime: The Joffrey heel turn was unexpected, but this could have all been prevented from the jump, at least in the short term. Hold this L. :francis:

2. Robb- Ol sucka for love ass nikka. He sound like a lot of you nikkas on this site, see some mixed exotical and willing to throw everything else out the window. :francis: Yo mama already told you, Walder Frey ain't the nikka you want to cross especially if he's the nikka YOU NEED. That hoe Talia would have understood and you could have fukked her on the side, my nikka Walder Frey would have probably even cosigned that. Roselyn was bad too. But no once again, you have to be "honorable" dealing with a bunch of families who don't even think twice about that shyt. P*ssy clouded what was ultimately at stake and that was his sisters. But wait there's more :lolbron: Momma once again told him not to trust Theon Greyjoy. You grew up with this nikka and couldn't tell he had fukkboy tendencies and a weak resolve. I knew it after two episodes. Some say he shouldn't have beheaded Karstark, but I actually don't have any issues with that decision. Homeboy was talking reckless to his face, even if you lock him up, he's still going to be talking shyt about you to his boys. Going to be looking funny in the light. :yeshrug:

3. Cat - Speaking of momma, Cat gotta come hold this L too. She gave Robb some good advice, but her letting Jamie go had to be the most idiotic thing up to this point in the show. Yes let's bring Jamie back to his home turf and hope Cersei honors her side of the bargain :mjlol:. If there is one thing Cersei has proven at this point, is that she don't give AF about being fair. And you going to trust Littlefinger's word, the same nikka who got Ned got? Both you and Robb deserved that untimely end for the repeated fukk ups in a war you were dominating. :upsetfavre:

4. Rickon - The shortest distance between one point to another point is a straight line. But if a nikka is shooting arrows at you, there ain't no shame in taking a detour. Hold this L fukkboy.

5. Bran -
Bran was doing so well too until this past season. :francis: That nikka was looking like the MVP of Starkset until he got his entire crew wiped out because he was "curious". Fukk Bran and anyone who love him. R.I.P my nikka Hordor.

6. Arya - As my mom used to call me, just damn hardheaded. Arya gets put in half the shytty positions in because she don't want to listen to nobody. All her trials and tribulations she faced at Bravos was a direct result of just not listening to this dude's instructions. Brienne just wants to help you:francis: You ain't ready to put on the face of another. :francis: If you don't kill this hoe, someone else will, and then we gon kill you. :francis: Hopefully now that she's out of Bravos and not under anyone she has less of these issues. Still very cringeworthy to see yet another Stark just not follow through of doing something they might not want to do, but will ultimately make their lives at lot easier.

7. Sansa -
You know it's bad when Sansa of all people has been y'alls MVP as of late. This bytch's unexplainable simping of Joffrey got a direwolf murked and it certainly didn't help Ned towards the end of his days either. :mjlol: Then she started simping gay ass Loras :mjlol:. Could have left with the Hound but thought being around Joffrey was a better decision :mjlol:. I gotta admit though Sansa has bossed up lately. I guess being with Joffrey and Ramsay back to back forces the idiotic Stark genes out of you. :ehh:

Jon Snow - As far as I'm concerned he's a Targaryen, which is why he probably makes the most sound decisions on average out of his family members. :umad:

I'll have to agree with this.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

5. Bran -

7. Sansa -

i finally started reading the books... about 10 pages of book 1 left

sansa is a fukking idiot and a clown... in the books ned tells her that they are to go home (her and arya)... he's going to sneak them away on a boat in the morning... robert wasn't even attacked by the boar yet

that same day he told them, sansa goes and tells cersei about her dad's plans.... each and every step of the way she's fukked this up.... each and every way

and jon is a targ.... you are what your father is :sas2:

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Posted a similar thing last week.. I'm doing the same thing at the moment, just got past the Red Wedding.

First time around I was (and I still am, really) #starkset above all else - they are probably the nicest family in Westeros - but fukk me... they are DUMB bordering on moronic at times.

I've grown a lot more respect for Jaime too. The whole series from Bran's 'fall' onwards is him slowly clawing back his honour in a world that's already made its mind up... he's one of the few out there that genuinely cares about doing the right thing, but he's also intelligent enough to let pragmatism mean he can't always do it. The Starks don't pay a single second of mind to pragmatism until most of them are dead... even Aryamagne tha Gawdess doesn't want the Hound to kill innocents to avoid word spreading about their journey.

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA

5. Bran -

7. Sansa -

Came in here to :ufdup:

Read it once and was :comeon:

Thought about it... read again and was :ehh::sadcam:

You nailed it. Still Starkset but yeah... Self inflicted L's all the way around. :mjcry:

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
Sansa, Ned and Robb take the cake

Sansa snitches on Ned trying to flee back North

Ned for giving Cersei an out when he should've had her killed or at least arrested

Robb for not keeping his word

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Alonzo-Mourning.gif

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
Posted a similar thing last week.. I'm doing the same thing at the moment, just got past the Red Wedding.

First time around I was (and I still am, really) #starkset above all else - they are probably the nicest family in Westeros - but fukk me... they are DUMB bordering on moronic at times.

I've grown a lot more respect for Jaime too. The whole series from Bran's 'fall' onwards is him slowly clawing back his honour in a world that's already made its mind up... he's one of the few out there that genuinely cares about doing the right thing, but he's also intelligent enough to let pragmatism mean he can't always do it. The Starks don't pay a single second of mind to pragmatism until most of them are dead... even Aryamagne tha Gawdess doesn't want the Hound to kill innocents to avoid word spreading about their journey.

That's a good point too. It's still fukk Jamie for pushing Bran out the window, but you can see him trying. He knows when to draw that line between being noble and being stupid. Starks acting noble knowing full well their enemies don't give a damn about that and knowing full well that it will most likely give them killed has me :mindblown::mindblown::mindblown:

But my question is what do think about Jamie after his speech with Edmure this past season? :jbhmm:

I thought it could be interpreted as a sign of, "ease up audience before you start crowning Jamie as a protagonist, he still don't give AF about the people and at the end of the day his main motivation is fukking his sister"

Or was he coming off that hard, to basically scare Edmure into surrendering Riverun?

:jbhmm:

Last edited: