Revisiting Prodigy "Product of the 80s"

SHAQAVELLI

We Are Penn State
Daps
Reppin
PA
What a sick album in hindsight..doesn't get it's proper credit cuz people were expecting HNIC2 to be a classic after Return of the Mac. When HNIC2 flopped, I think people stopped checkin for P.

Then right before he goes in, he drops this:ahh:. Gave Big Twins and Un Pachino some shine, but did right in keepin it most solo sh1t.

Waddup Gz and Boxcutters are the most gangster soundin tracks the past couple years.

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Am I crazy is a top 10 prodigy track to me.. "Green fire in the sky in queens" etc. some good shyt

Insane song. Funny that Nas and Prodigy both saw UFO's in Queens, and both wrote about it around the same time. lol

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Ive liked every single prodigy release since ROTM...including this and bumpy johnson ep

Imho the best mc of the past few years

Yeah, Product of the 80's, Bumpy Johnson EP, HNIC2, and the HNIC 2 bootlegg were all crazy. HNIC and Return of the Mac are classic's of course. J Love's Comeback Kid is a REALLY dope tape.

When you think about it, Prodigy's solo catalog is insane.

If you take the best songs from HNIC 2 and the HNIC 2 bootlegg, that's a classic album imo.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Such a great album. Amazing production from Sid Roams and Jake One. Un Pacino and TWIN really rounded out the album too.

Complex magazine had an ill breakdown of the album from Joey and Bravo (Sid Roams) but it's gone now :why:

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
I must be alone in not really feeling the album. post blood money ive liked everything from prodigy but this album, sorry guys.

H.S.

All Star
Daps
This was so hard. "Now I get dressed for 2090".

Last edited by a moderator: