Return a TV after 22 years brehs

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
I actually expected they would say no, but they just gave me a refund with no pushback. a closed mouth don't get fed, so it didn't hurt to try.
I’m not hating, I would give a shopper a new bottle too

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
I remember I was living in a furnished rental with one around this size. shyt was like downstairs by the door, me and like 4 friends tried to lift that shyt up a flight of stairs, got up one step and said lmao not happening. When I moved out landlord told me I could take it if I wanted to, I laughed at him. shyt is probably still sitting in that house today. Nothing like a good CRT if you into old media/games but unless its like a manageable 24' or something forget it lmao.

Jayou Ayen

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The East Bay
Apparently Costco had a lifetime return policy before 2007. I mean shyt if this is one of those plasma joints he probably got a couple grand back and went and got an OLED. I’d do it too.

Most Costco items can be returned at any time, in any condition. That policy change was made to curb the practice of constantly upgrading electronic items like televisions.

My dad bought a 42 inch plasma in 2006. I remember watching the Mavs in the finals that year. I helped him remodel his living room 4 or 5 years later, and he gave me that tv.

A few weeks later, the picture went out. My friend had a similar tv, and I was at his house complaining about how I needed to buy a new one. He told me about the Costco return policy. I went down there to ask if I could return it, and they said yes.

I felt embarrassed, but the employees didn’t say shyt, at least to my face. I ended up getting a 65 inch Samsung, a Blu Ray player, 5 yr Costco warranty and $300 back.

Normally I wouldn’t return a used item after that much time, but I had to make an exception.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most Costco items can be returned at any time, in any condition. That policy change was made to curb the practice of constantly upgrading electronic items like televisions.

My dad bought a 42 inch plasma in 2006. I remember watching the Mavs in the finals that year. I helped him remodel his living room 4 or 5 years later, and he gave me that tv.

A few weeks later, the picture went out. My friend had a similar tv, and I was at his house complaining about how I needed to buy a new one. He told me about the Costco return policy. I went down there to ask if I could return it, and they said yes.

I felt embarrassed, but the employees didn’t say shyt, at least to my face. I ended up getting a 65 inch Samsung, a Blu Ray player, 5 yr Costco warranty and $300 back.

Normally I wouldn’t return a used item after that much time, but I had to make an exception.

Embarrassed lol

You wyling

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
tenor.gif

Haven’t seen this gif in forever :russ:

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
He could actually get a good chunk of cash for that. CRT tvs go for a lot of money these days because retro game enthusiasts don't want to game on newer tvs

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Nordstrom used to have a GOAT return policy until riff raff ran it up. I bought a pair of shoes from a store in NY that I didn’t like after a couple of wears, Nordstrom also sold them so I took them back there, full refund, no receipt no questions

Daps
Nordstrom used to have a GOAT return policy until riff raff ran it up. I bought a pair of shoes from a store in NY that I didn’t like after a couple of wears, Nordstrom also sold them so I took them back there, full refund, no receipt no questions
Sheeeeiiit, not my proudest moments, but when I was interning, and working my first job out of college, I kept returning clothes and shoes to Nordstrom when I needed cash.

MECCA1000

All Star
Daps
My Mitsubishi 65 is the same age and still works! Bulb went out a few years ago and I called a TV repair shop that wanted to charge $100 just to come out and $50 to diagnose the problem. I watched a couple youtube videos, found some bulbs on ebay, joint been running strong ever since. I only run it a few days every other month for a classic movie or some classic video games but it's still tough

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Some of the old DLP mirror projection TV’s do actually have a ton of resale value. Especially the early advanced ones with hdmi and 1080p/3D processing.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
Smart move by Bose. "Keep em in the family."

Bose makes some of the most overpriced products in all of consumer electronics. No Cap!!!!! They gave your father $300 back in 2020 deflated dollars, so they still made a handsome profit on those original speakers. Plus if your father replaces those speakers with another set by Bose, he's going to spend more than $300, only adding to their profit margin. That credit was just built into the original price. I can literally do a price/profit breakdown if I knew the model number.
You already know. I’m a Bose guy now. They got me. Probably for life.
:francis:
I’ve returned three sets of headphones and they replaced them with brand new ones each time.
:leon:
My last return they said we cant do this again sir.
:beli:
I went to the store instead and they did it again.
:pachaha: