Resident Evil VIIIage -OT- Full VR Update 2/22

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
I finished in 27 minutes. When the demo first begins that old lady’s character model looked great. Her facial animations were as well.

I enjoyed this demo way more than that maiden showcase demo. The transitioning between gameplay and cutscenes is seamless, and dialogue was greatly performed. PLAY IT USING HEADPHONES! Turn on the virtual surround setting, and dynamic to the highest setting. The audio is amazing. That chant scene sounded great, crisp, and clear. The soundstage, and clarity really impressed me.

Gameplay itself is good. Feels, and looks like a more polished, and defined RE7 in a winter setting. I don’t like RE4 I think it’s highly overrated. This short demo didn’t really give me RE4 vibes. Only the setting is somewhat similar. Of course this is many generations later so areas are much more open. But in short, if anything it’s RE7.5

Graphics are good, and sharp (some textures were RE7 base ps4 level terrible though). I watched someone play on YouTube after i played it. Maybe it was their capture device, but YouTube does this game’s graphics no justice. Plus on a decent tv with FALD, and such shadows, and other dark areas look very, very inky dark. HDR is working great.

Dualsense features are working great (punchy vibrations, with R2 you have to pull harder pass the threshold to shoot). Framerate seemed solid for most of it but i did notice some dips.

Also, that one chick with her father kind of sounds like Mia.

I hope Elena isn’t dead. She seems like a great character in the making.....Most likely she’s dead though lol. I noticed after watching someone else play on YouTube. I didn’t have any encounters with wolves or anything in my playthrough. I heard them at one point, and literally just kept walking. Only time i had to shoot was with ol’ girls father.

Someone a few post ago posted a pic with wolves in a building. They didn’t show up in my playthrough. They must’ve knew i was :violent::bustback:

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
whats the point of a timed demo:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol: i beat and its was cool:ehh:

To advertise for the game notice how they emphasized taking screenshots, posting them, and streaming it. You get a bunch of streamers promoting the game on a saturday night everyones gonna think its the hottest thing out.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
shyt feels dope. I don’t see how anyone can be mad at it or come to any conclusions considering it’s only a little piece of the game. Apparently the game is pretty huge. Also. My first thing I noticed is that it’s not as creepy as RE7. Which felt like a true horror game. But who knows if that changes later. RE4 wasn’t scary or creepy as well so nikkas need to stop the cap as far as that goes. It’s one of the many reasons I think that game is fire but not the number 1 RE game like people try to claim. RE2 Remake has that slot for me.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I played it. It wasn't that bad and it wasn't that scared. :dahell:.....wereworlf?.

I'd rather play in VR.

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
I've noticed on my demo it was like the middle of the day but on the ign one on YouTube, the person's game was at almost nighttime. Is there dynamic time of day or maybe my hdr was overdoing it?

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
sMwivxx.png
:ehh:Not mad. 45 FPS with RT at the beginning of the gen.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
The way they’re releasing the demo is stupid af. I downloaded the demo on the 17 but didn’t really have time to boot it up. Tried to play on Sunday but the only thing I could do was watch the damn trailer :stopitslime:

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
shyt feels dope. I don’t see how anyone can be mad at it or come to any conclusions considering it’s only a little piece of the game. Apparently the game is pretty huge. Also. My first thing I noticed is that it’s not as creepy as RE7. Which felt like a true horror game. But who knows if that changes later. RE4 wasn’t scary or creepy as well so nikkas need to stop the cap as far as that goes. It’s one of the many reasons I think that game is fire but not the number 1 RE game like people try to claim. RE2 Remake has that slot for me.
whole game not even out