Resident Evil VIIIage -OT- Full VR Update 2/22

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Seems like RE2 remake and RE4 are teh definitive resident evil experiences so far, so I think they might.
I hope because I can’t play FP
I have motion sickness and even watching this at my desk got me:gag:
Bio shock 1 was the last FP and I couldn’t even make it past the first stage
Without :gag:
Wish they would offer both perspectives
But this somehow “revitalized” the franchise
Which I really don’t see
RE2 Remake showed how to make a game tense and atmospheric
In 3rd person/over the shoulder
Just like Deadspace
Just feels like they are alienating some people:yeshrug:
But I truly do want people to enjoy it:hubie:

It’s one boss fight in here that did make me go:picard::merchant::bryan:

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
:picard: Hard Times for Daddy Ethan!
giphy.gif

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Middlewear engines have always existed, but that only saves times from creating specific engines for each game, which was really only an issue during the PS2 era.

The issue is really with consumers and their expectations for games on next-gen and metacritic scores.
We automatically expect the next God of War to be as good or better than the 2018 game (graphics, locales, story, voice etc...) while being the same length or more. When in reality It doesn't have to be. That expectation isn't sustainable

Tbh, I'd say it's a pretty fair (and lucrative) consumer/provider expectation specific to God of War that both sides are game for (no pun)...

..consumer buys 51 million copies at a $60 price tag and willfully allows the provider 5+ years to make the next one... in exchange, the provider reinvests a portion of the 100s of millions profit to make the next one comparable or better.. rinse repeat until it's time to bow out.

The issue with sustainability imo isn't for GoW (or TLoU, FF7R, GTA, etc). It's for
the game next to them on the shelf that in comparison is 8 hours of "aiight" but with the same $60-70 price tag. There's nothing wrong with aiight (or 8 hours) but inflation stays going up while wages stay wishy washy, so more picky decisions.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The gameplay for these games in first person just doesn't work imo. It wants to be RE4 in the beginning but it's just not hitting right imo.

it works in 7, but like Iv mentioned before the sluggish movement of first person doesn’t look like it connects properly with the faster paced action and number of enemies on screen that you get in 8, I’ll hold judgement till I play myself tho

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Capcom got some nerve releasing this with the steam summer sale right around the corner :pachaha: