Resident Evil HD Remaster (PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, 360)

Daps
resident-evil-hd-remaster-201485113242_1.jpg

The game that defined the survival-horror genre is back! Check out the remastered HD version of Resident Evil.

In 1998 a special forces team is sent to investigate some bizarre murders on the outskirts of Racc00n City. Upon arriving they are attacked by a pack of blood-thirsty dogs and are forced to take cover in a nearby mansion. But the scent of death hangs heavy in the air. Supplies are scarce as they struggle to stay alive.

Graphics
  • More detailed graphics that retain the horror.
  • The environments come alive with detail thanks to resolution upgrades and non-static 3D models.
  • Post-processing effects like Bloom filters, which were not easy to do at the time of the original release, have been added to make the HD graphics even more realistic.
  • High-Resolution Environments - We've increased the resolution of the background environments by recreating them with a mix of high-res static images, plus animated 3D models.

Widescreen Support
  • Widescreen (16:9) is supported, so players can experience a greater sense of immersion.
  • In widescreen mode, the screen will scroll. The parts of the screen that get cut off on the top and bottom will scroll into view automatically depending on the character's position.
  • You can switch the display mode during gameplay in real time.

Sound & New Controls
  • High-Quality Sound - The audio has been remastered to increase the sampling rate, and of course 5.1ch output is also now supported.
  • New Controls
  • You can play using the original control scheme or an alternate control scheme that lets you just push the analog stick to move in the direction you want to go.
  • You can switch the control scheme during gameplay in real time.

Release date is January 20, 2015

If you preorder the PC version you get a soundtrack and an artbook

Last edited:

BasedPrime

Xbox Woe
Daps
This was my second RE. Played RE2 first on the N64 so this game was completely new to me. But damn did I enjoy it. My fav old skool Resi. The graphics were :ohlawd: But the low-res and absence of anti-aliasing makes it horrible to play nowadays so this remaster, if done right, is a gift outta heaven :noah:.

The first time that damned dog came bustin through the window :damn:

First encounter with a Crimson Zombie :damn:

On the way to Lisa through dem woods :bryan:

Dragonfly Jones

Siiiiiiiilence Punk!!
Daps
Reppin
KungFu Fighting & kicks that are fast as Lightning
I preordered this on PS4 but I'm honestly starting to regret that

I already own the game on the Wii and I haven't really been impressed with any HD remasters since MGS3 HD on PS3

:mjcry:

edit:

So this game is gonna have black bars at the top and bottom of the screen?

:dahell:

I can tolerate that with new games that push graphical limits like The Order 1886/The Evil Within but is that really necessary for a 10 yr old game?

:camby: