Resident Evil 2 Remake is the greatest survival horror game ever made... and it's not really close brehs.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I've said it once and I'll say it again. Resident Evil 2 remake is the best survival horror game ever. For what survival horror is trying to be as a game which is resource management, limited healing, constant threats like Mr. X , puzzles and riddles to solve, plenty of items to find, and different paths and scenarios to play out. Not to mention another thing, IT IS HIGHLY REPLAYABLE. It gives you a constant sense of tension, but the better you get at the game you can unlock unlimited ammo and just blast through that shyt so that it plays out like a cheesy 80's action movie because speedruns of RE2 remake are like 1 to 2 hours.

Callisto Protocol and most modern survival horror games are the children of the wrong games, and it's sad.

If RE7 was 3rd person, it might have a solid argument against 2 Remake, but until they add a 3rd person mode to it, nah.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
nah its Resident Evil OG Remake, but REmake 2 is cool

Should I fukk with that before starting RE2? Never got into the franchise but I got 1, 2, 3 and 7 through sales and PS+.

I heard its hard to care about the story in RE3 without playing RE1.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Should I fukk with that before starting RE2? Never got into the franchise but I got 1, 2, 3 and 7 through sales and PS+.

You may not like the tank controls of the Original ps1 Re1, 2 and 3
but the OG Remake remaster eliminates the tank control movement so its easier to move with the analog, it made the game even more GOAT than what it already was, beautiful graphics still hold up to this day

definitely fukk with it since it starts the whole franchise and introduces Chris and Jill

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
You may not like the tank controls of the Original ps1 Re1, 2 and 3
but the OG Remake remaster eliminates the tank control movement so its easier to move with the analog, it made the game even more GOAT than what it already was, beautiful graphics still hold up to this day

definitely fukk with it since it starts the whole franchise and introduces Chris and Jill

My bad I shouldve said they're all the remake versions. I think I'll do that instead and start RE1 tonight.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

You don't really have to bruh, but it wouldn't hurt to. 2 is definitely better than 1, that's pretty much been mostly agreed upon for a minute. It goes 2>1>3. Of the PSX Resident Evil's.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
You don't really have to bruh, but it wouldn't hurt to. 2 is definitely better than 1, that's pretty much been mostly agreed upon for a minute. It goes 2>1>3. Of the PSX Resident Evil's.

I plan on playing all 3 of the remakes ahead of RE4, I just dont wanna be confused in the story.