wat6rr.jpg

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
This seems like a dumb move by Apple.

People zoom in on the headphones aspect of it but Apple needs the streaming music portion more. It's no big deal to give the headphones more presence in the stores and yank it into the Foxconn manufacturing chain but iTunes sales are down and streaming/radio is the new wave going forward. They can either wait on iTunes Radio to gain steam or jump on Beats, Dre's reputation and Jimmy's music in the industry which will help them pay out a more flat/standard licensing fee to the labels/artists.

This deal is a Wall Street version of Death Row with Dre as the face/talent and Jimmy as the one who can maneuver within the music industry. And all of the streaming music serve as the talent (artists).

Bold move by Apple, keeps Google and M$ away from Beats and the headphones may improve in sound quality and the designs will stay fresh and people will begin to anticipate Beats releases in the way they fiend over iPhone release dates

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Beats will get even bigger...apple+that streaming +them improving the headphones even more possibly = win

Ice Water

Nothing
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's so crazy if you look at the history of Beats...Dre didn't want to even promote em at first lol....They was sellin them on QVC...Now look at these cats sittin pretty.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
People zoom in on the headphones aspect of it but Apple needs the streaming music portion more. It's no big deal to give the headphones more presence in the stores and yank it into the Foxconn manufacturing chain but iTunes sales are down and streaming/radio is the new wave going forward. They can either wait on iTunes Radio to gain steam or jump on Beats, Dre's reputation and Jimmy's music in the industry which will help them pay out a more flat/standard licensing fee to the labels/artists.

This deal is a Wall Street version of Death Row with Dre as the face/talent and Jimmy as the one who can maneuver within the music industry. And all of the streaming music serve as the talent (artists).

Bold move by Apple, keeps Google and M$ away from Beats and the headphones may improve in sound quality and the designs will stay fresh and people will begin to anticipate Beats releases in the way they fiend over iPhone release dates

beats music only has about 200,000 subscribers tho so i dont see that service being a draw whatsoever.

i have a feeling this will tie in directly with apple's smartwatches. how? i'm thinking beats design mixed with apple's marketing. seems like apple isn't confident in their abilitiy in designing tech wear since it's a new field for them so you purchase the company that made headphones popular and stylish with the youth. it's gonna be interesting to see how this all comes together.