Remember when Pac got in the ring with real MCs.

Droopy

say that tho
Daps
Reppin
Northside
i remember being a lil nikka, my pops used to bump this sh*t. brings back memories

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
He wuz still shaking the rust off experimenting with a new flow on aeom:manny:..matter of fact id say AEOM is his least lyrical effort...whereas MATW and 7th day being his best... lyrically Thug Life and Strictly for my nikkaz is better too id say...so basically its pacs least lyrica effort lol
:usure: Only thing wrong with aeom is a lil too many features. Other than that :win: though i agree matw and makaveli were lyrically more consistently better.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:usure: Only thing wrong with aeom is a lil too many features. Other than that :win: though i agree matw and makaveli were lyrically more consistently better.

:laugh: let me rethink that...I really do like the thug life album tracks like under pressure,and str8 ballin...pac ripped them shyts....hard to say he really lyrically outclassed himself...but u right I'm truly runnin the tracklist and verses down in my head and AEOM does have sum classic pac verses...ironically what woulda been the best verse on the album is the 3rd verse on the video version of I ain't mad atcha.....I will say his technique with the newer uptempo flow wuznt as polished as the pac we got on Thug Life who wuz familiar with his style and what he wuz doin rhymewise/flowise.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
:laugh: let me rethink that...I really do like the thug life album tracks like under pressure,and str8 ballin...pac ripped them shyts....hard to say he really lyrically outclassed himself...but u right I'm truly runnin the tracklist and verses down in my head and AEOM does have sum classic pac verses...ironically what woulda been the best verse on the album is the 3rd verse on the video version of I ain't mad atcha.....I will say his technique with the newer uptempo flow wuznt as polished as the pac we got on Thug Life who wuz familiar with his style and what he wuz doin rhymewise/flowise.
for the record i do love thuglife and believe it was pac's 1st classic. And I DO like his vocal performances better on thuglife/r u still down era better than aeom performances. You understand what i'm trying to say? His delivery etc.

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
Never heard that version so props :yes:

Even tho Pac probably had the weakest verse it was still a good verse IMO.

:beli:

Daz said "Waddup"

It doesn't sound like a Raw Pac verse. It sounds like some MC New York shyt :pachaha:.

No disrespect to the GOAT but it was disappointing hearing this for the first time.

Naw...That sounds NOTHING like "The Case Of The Misplaced Mic" Pac....

choc city

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Every time a thread like this pops up I always think the same thing... 1996 rhymes, by anyone, cant get 2012 scrutiny. Its just not fair. Not only that, Pac pretty much said himself that he was rushing verses to hurry and get shyt done. He was tracking a lot of those verses before the beats were even all the way done... We cant even put red and meth '96 verses under todays microscope. It was a different time and attention to detail was emphasized on different details back then. Add in the fact that he wrote over 50 songs for that album over the course of 2 weeks... Your favorite MC cant even dream of doing that kind of work, and even if he/she did, there'd certainly be some quality control issues and wack lines in there.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Every time a thread like this pops up I always think the same thing... 1996 rhymes, by anyone, cant get 2012 scrutiny. Its just not fair. Not only that, Pac pretty much said himself that he was rushing verses to hurry and get shyt done. He was tracking a lot of those verses before the beats were even all the way done... We cant even put red and meth '96 verses under todays microscope. It was a different time and attention to detail was emphasized on different details back then. Add in the fact that he wrote over 50 songs for that album over the course of 2 weeks... Your favorite MC cant even dream of doing that kind of work, and even if he/she did, there'd certainly be some quality control issues and wack lines in there.

My favorite mc is Pac :skip:

Meth and Red verses are still dope to this day. You say 96 rhymes can't be held under 2012 scrutiny, then why is 2012 music constantly being held to 96 standards?

choc city

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only time I ever see 2012 music being compared to 96 music is when its an artist that dropped an album in 96 is falling off in '12.

Another reason, is probably because people are a$$holes and they will try to criticize anything from any angle they can.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Only time I ever see 2012 music being compared to 96 music is when its an artist that dropped an album in 96 is falling off in '12.

Another reason, is probably because people are a$$holes and they will try to criticize anything from any angle they can.

True true

drugxglory

Street Struck
Daps
Reppin
CALiFORNiA
Never seen nuthin wrong wit his verse...seen a interview where meth said they recorded that in Warren G's little basement.