Remember when Final Fantasy was known for state of the art graphics?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
game looks graphically inferior to both FF15 and FF7 remake and the dumbasses in the official thread were telling me i was crazy

Final Fantasy remake was much improved over the reveal trailer in the actually game

but Remake is not better than XV graphically even on console, the pop in his terrible, the background textures are terrible, only thing top notch are the particle effects

the character models look great, but that's in cutscenes, the hair texture, clothing textures, and weather effects, lighting, shadows, everything was superior in Final Fantasy XV and it's not even close

Apollo Kid

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Boom Bap Era
They been the wave since MJ came and wrecked japan with goat energy
ecf3da8587b4b36559c2ccbea5a4f8bc.gif

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, that shyt looks trash. And the white boy band look is tired as fukk. How are you Japanese and keep making your main characters white? c00n shyt.

The whole series has been trash for years.
:camby:

The majority of Final Fantasy games take place in european medieval fantasy settings, only VII, VIII, XIII, have that sci fi element, and XV was based on modern tokyo and americana highways

This game is just going back to those roots apparently, and not using the Eurasian aesthetic look that started in VII

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Just went back and watched the trailer and the dude is not named (probably Billy) but is protecting a boy named Joshua? and this game is set in medieval times and a hack n slash. Breh this a new IP, not FF.
That turn based shyt is dead

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
16 looked terrible, it has very Ff14 vibes I thought it was expansion.

Youtube FFXIV cutscenes the models and old english dialogue is bad, having the dmc battle director is the only thing that is good

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This was alpha running on PC. Nothing about this game is finalized or close to even beta breh.
Yeah in the event after that trailer ran there was a disclaimer that said everything from this point on is running on PS5 hardware.
Final Fantasy remake was much improved over the reveal trailer in the actually game

but Remake is not better than XV graphically even on console, the pop in his terrible, the background textures are terrible, only thing top notch are the particle effects

the character models look great, but that's in cutscenes, the hair texture, clothing textures, and weather effects, lighting, shadows, everything was superior in Final Fantasy XV and it's not even close
FF15 is Luminous Engine FF7R is Unreal Engine 4. I would guess their in-house engine is better than Unreal Engine for graphics.