Remember when bryson Tiller was going to be a leading voice in R&B

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yall laugh but trapsoul is up there with House Of Balloons, Nostalgia Ultra, and CTRL as albums that reset the soundscape for modern RnB.

Tillers problem is that he couldn’t match Trapsoul, his second album had a terrible rollout and by 2016/2017 the market was already starting to get over saturated with other non singing RnB nikkas with hot trap beats. Tiller couldnt stand out anymore.

Nah
CTRL is the best R&B album since Confessions. Summer Walker's "Over It" is a close second.

As much as I love Trapsoul, it's a tier below House of Balloons, Nostalgia Ultra, and CTRL.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
latelyyousayhebeenkillingthevibe
gottabesickofthisguy
pullupskrrgetintheride
lefthandissteerintheotherisgrippinyourthigh

:wow:

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
Other than True to Self he’s been very consistent musically
Just fades away for long periods of time, which is not great for a popular act

I love Anniversary and his new joint
His features and unreleased shyt slaps too

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Other than True to Self he’s been very consistent musically
Just fades away for long periods of time, which is not great for a popular act

I love Anniversary and his new joint
His features and unreleased shyt slaps too
A lack of features is holding him back imo.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Nah
CTRL is the best R&B album since Confessions. Summer Walker's "Over It" is a close second.

As much as I love Trapsoul, it's a tier below House of Balloons, Nostalgia Ultra, and CTRL.
maybe im :flabbynsick: but i didnt see how over it shook up the world from a sound perspective. it was popular for sure but not revolutionary, a branch off of the sza evolutionary track.

With that said, trapsoul didnt reinvent the wheel either. But, Trapsoul took what Detail, Drake and 40, Boi-1da, and Metro had done well and was a proof of concept that a whole subgenre could be made out of it. IMO we dont get Faiyas, Black, Blxst, etc.

i just remember seeing a lot of similar acts that tried to string together runs on soundcloud/youtube right after trrapsoul.