Remember when Batman Arkham Asylum came out and surprised the shyt out of us?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When the demo dropped for Arkham Asylum on the 360 back in summer of 09 that shyt had a lot of dudes like :gladbron:!!

Movie based games were usually trash for the most part but Batman came through with a demo that had everybody talking about it.

Why can't other super hero games come out half as good?? Everything besides the OG Spiderman on Snes and PSX were pretty much garbage or mediocre. A X-Men game besides X Men Legends made by Rocksteady would be :ohlawd:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
With how big the comic book hero movies are and the precedent set by batman, I have no clue how games arent being made to exploit thie comic book popularity in mainstream

Just thinking about all the dope shyt they could do with spider man and x men is :wow: Hell even iron man and shyt.

Instead theyd rather keep releasing shovelware just to sell a few copies to suckers.

I need another dope open world spider man in my life goddamnit. @MartyMcFly

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
With how big the comic book hero movies are and the precedent set by batman, I have no clue how games arent being made to exploit thie comic book popularity in mainstream

Just thinking about all the dope shyt they could do with spider man and x men is :wow: Hell even iron man and shyt.

Instead theyd rather keep releasing shovelware just to sell a few copies to suckers.

:mjlol: at your avatar

"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel!"

On topic: I can't wait :noah:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

If we can get a game on the level of this Arkham piff for spidey...:wow:

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Yeah. After all the years of having :trash: Batman games in the past (aside from the NES and Genesis Batman & Robin Adventures games), AA came out and everyone was like "Oh shyt, they actually did it.:ohhh:"

One day, Superman will get the game he deserves.:mjcry:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Yeah. After all the years of having :trash: Batman games in the past (aside from the NES and Genesis Batman & Robin Adventures games), AA came out and everyone was like "Oh shyt, they actually did it.:ohhh:"

i don't see any way that Superman can get a game that will work.

how do you incorporate his super speed into combat unless you have some mechanism that slows time for everyone but you for as long as you want.
nothing can hurt you but magic or kryptonite...sorcerers and clowns with kryptonite everywhere?

they would have to get a Grade A writer to make the story work.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Superman just can't get a game. I've yet to see a way to translate that into games.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
i don't see any way that Superman can get a game that will work.

how do you incorporate his super speed into combat unless you have some mechanism that slows time for everyone but you for as long as you want.
nothing can hurt you but magic or kryptonite...sorcerers and clowns with kryptonite everywhere?

they would have to get a Grade A writer to make the story work.
Arkham style fighting. Lock on targeting for eye burning special an ability like dishonoreds blink ability for super speed .

Say pause time. Have like a 3 second cool down while you pick where you'll blink too, jump instantly and continue fighting

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Btw the only way a superman game can work is if it's all based on time.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's hard to due a Superman game. The suggestions that I had was the job is more to protect the city and citizens. Your job in fights or problems was to try to clear out the area of civilians while dealing with powerful foes.

You could unleash your biggest combos and do loads of damage but it'd destroy the city and the "faith" of the Citizens would go down. You could try to maneuver certain foes to bodies of water or in open areas as to mitigate the damage.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Green Arrow Game + Rocksteady Following in the steps of batman arkham asylum... :banderas: Cameo by batman at the begining...

Have appearances by red arrow, cheshire, sportsmaster, black canary, the question....:russ:

Villans Prometheus, Vertigo, Brick, The suicide squad..... shyt could be piff too... i would love to shoot nikkas with arrows...:mjlol:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I feel like the hardest thing with a Superman game would have to be the flying. I mean....flying is something that for as fukking awesome as it is, I don't think is really done in that superhero sense that much in these big budget type games. I think maybe the last Saints Row touched on shyt like that, but fukk those games(sorry if you like those games :pachaha: )

You have to make flying fun but not fukking hard. And you've got to have a decent in flight type of combat system. I dunno who the fukk out there really has the balls to be able to tackle something like this and do it justice.

I mean, Platinum Games. Duh. But who else?