Religion: Friend or Foe for the black community? (Grapevine)

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I do admire Black Muslims because sometimes I feel that many Black Christians are a bit passive.

It's good to take a look and criticize religion though. I was raised Catholic myself so I didn't have the same religious upbringing as most blacks and America is mostly a Protestant country.

Lamar Givens

Spitting truth you can’t handle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeshua
1. Truth is exclusive; therefore according to the rule of logic something cannot be true, and false at the same time.

2. Out of all of the world religions one of them is true while the rest are false. Basic logic demands this premise.

3. Christianity holds the most credibility for internal consistency.

4. Most individuals who attack Christianity, or have something negative to say about it usually, and often more so approach it with preconceived biases, and are fairly ignorant.

5. Atheism is a belief system, and fundamentally is illogic.

6. Christianity has done more for humanity than any other religious system known to man.

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

One

Moreese Bickham with the pistol
Daps
Black people need an outlet for assistance in many instances, no different than anybody else. Sometimes the church assists these people which is why it's important. Sometimes. However when you have an institution blocking Black people's education in S.T.E.M., gathering working people on Sunday just to observe formality and draining a community of their income to finance that institution, just so a single parent can have someone to reach out when money is tight. It's a sacrificial parasitic debt.

The reason people say the Black church has done nothing is not because they've literally done nothing, but because they've had multiple centuries to do things and have little to show for it, but undoubtedly they should be credited for their integral role in abolitionism and the civil rights movement. People are constantly asking why are Black people in poverty, misfortunate and their neighborhoods reflections of poorly allocated wealth. Government and churches are the organizations that are the common denominator.

Last edited:

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
1. Truth is exclusive; therefore according to the rule of logic something cannot be true, and false at the same time.

2. Out of all of the world religions one of them is true while the rest are false. Basic logic demands this premise.

4. Most individuals who attack Christianity, or have something negative to say about it usually, and often more so approach it with preconceived biases, and are fairly ignorant.

6. Christianity has done more for humanity than any other religious system known to man.
Only #1 is correct, the rest
:heh:

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps

2-6 are all fallacies.

E.g. #2 logical fallacy. at most 1 religion is correct, if the religions are unique and contradict each other. Which means the other possibility is that none of the 4000+ religions we have ever created are actually true.

Lamar Givens

Spitting truth you can’t handle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeshua
Judaeo-Christianity is the one true religion.

Just because someone holds an invalid assumption of Judaeo-Christianity does not negate it's validity.

1. Falsify that the Torah, Gospels, and New Testament are historical documents from ancient history.

2. Falsify the claims of Jesus miracles.

3. Falsify Jesus claim to be the Son of God.

4. Falsify Jesus resurrection.

5. Falsify the eye witness accounts of Jesus, life, earthly ministry, death on a cross by the Romans, and Jesus being placed in a borrowed tomb.

#'s 1-6 concerning TRUTH as I previously posted are valid.

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
:patrice:
I can't fukk wit the grapevine.:hubie: Below is a reprint of the last response I made before I stopped messing with that channel....:francis:

-----------------------------

Before I watch this video I already predict I'm going to sigh my way through this video.
I stopped watching this channel for awhile a couple videos back and the same stuff is probably going to happen again.

There are to many "academics" in the discussion...

Predictions:
A regurgitation of Prentice Hall - WHITE Feminist terms, definitions & prefabricated philosophical ramblings 3rd edition.
2. Very few(if any) non academics who come from a view independent of established academic thought.
3. Anyone who does come from a non academic perspective being shouted down ...or not being articulate enough to voice it.
4. ...oh yeah and people talking over each other.

By academic I'm referring generally to liberal arts and specifically to social science disciplines.
Here we go! Hopefully I'm wrong....

I'm hardly ever "disappointed":comeon: when I stumble across one of their videos :francis:

Mojo Jojo Morpheus

Dap Distributor
Daps
Reppin
Where it's hotter & wetter
If so refute each claim you disagree with one by one. Smilies are insufficient for a rebuttal, that is if you want an intelligent dialogue. :sas2:

The burden of proof lies on the person making the positive claim. For example, if I assert: "Unicorns exist!!" The burden is then on me to provide the PROOF validating my claim.
I can't say "Well, prove that they don't!" whenever I get challenged. Because it is impossible to prove a negative. You cannot prove something DOESN'T exist, only that it does.
So until you can provide some proof for your claims, hold off on your requests for "intelligent dialogue", you haven't met the criteria yet. :sas1:

Mojo Jojo Morpheus

Dap Distributor
Daps
Reppin
Where it's hotter & wetter
:patrice:
I can't fukk wit the grapevine.:hubie: Below is a reprint of the last response I made before I stopped messing with that channel....:francis:

Before I watch this video I already predict I'm going to sigh my way through this video.
I stopped watching this channel for awhile a couple videos back and the same stuff is probably going to happen again.

There are to many "academics" in the discussion...

Predictions:
A regurgitation of Prentice Hall - WHITE Feminist terms, definitions & prefabricated philosophical ramblings 3rd edition.
2. Very few(if any) non-academics who come from a view independent of established academic thought.
3. Anyone who does come from a non-academic perspective being shouted down ...or not being articulate enough to voice it.
4. ...oh yeah and people talking over each other.

By academic, I'm referring, generally, to liberal arts and, specifically, to social science disciplines.
Here we go! Hopefully, I'm wrong....

I'm hardly ever "disappointed":comeon: when I stumble across one of their videos :francis:

You're right. But I still think shows like the Grapevine are a step in the right direction. Black people not relying on traditional, White-dominated media to dictate our discussions on current affairs and Black issues.
Sure, the panels are oversaturated with rhetoric developed by White Feminists but I don't think we should throw the baby out with the bathwater. All it needs is the introduction of panelists with more diverse viewpoints to provide a stronger counter-balance [Karl is about all there is now].

Micron

Pro
Daps
Religion is a method of a control. Depending on competence and the intentions of the religious leaders in a community, this can be a positive thing. When religious leaders are incompetent, and do not value their communities religion can be a negative thing.