PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
faried-051212.jpg

The Manimal Takes What He Wants :lolbron:

Daps
Sure Kobe is old now and can't bring it 100% on D every possession. But when he has to, he's still the #1 guy I would want guarding the other teams best player in the crucial moments.

He shut down Ty Lawson tonight who is one of the quickest guards in the league. He shut down Westbrook both in the regular season and the post-season 2 years ago. He shut down Wade in the regular season.

Just think about it this way. Your team is up one point and the other teams go-to-guy is a wing player. Who the hell other than Kobe do you want guarding that last second possession?

Thats right. Nobody. Kobe will get another well-deserved All-Defense 1st team selection once again.

Capostatus

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree Kobe can be an elite defender when he is called upon but he shouldn't get a 1st all defense selection (again) just off that. it should be awarded on a players body of work throughout the season.

brehs like tony allen etc. are putting in work day in day out and should be recognised

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:laugh: at the thought of kobe getting carried. how do yall watch games and still not know whats going on? :snoop:

the double teams kobe drew is the reason artest+blake hit 9 WIDE OPEN 3's

gasol was amazing tonight. he made up for his other terrible games with this one

macadomusic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree but also Kobe is also playing the role of coach while he's out there so I peep him gettin distracted a lot watching other guys man. These young cats are on some other shyt now though. Cats look Luke 2k12 out there sometimes

Daps

one possession left.....your team is only up one point....the other teams best player is a PG/SG/SF that everyone knows will get the ball

who do you want guarding that player?

I pick Kobe over anyone in the league. And Jeff Van Gundy said only a couple of years ago that Kobe might be the best one possession defender in NBA HISTORY!!!