Reginald Lewis documentary

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Which one of Morial's daughters is marrying a white person?
Just double-checked and it wasn’t him. But it was a prominent black politician from a prominent black family and radio host who I have a picture in my mind (wore a bow tie) and has his daughter marry white.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just double-checked and it wasn’t him. But it was a prominent black politician from a prominent black family and radio host who I have a picture in my mind (wore a bow tie) and has his daughter marry white.
Fact check first.

Willie

Bring me back some Gushers and a Sprite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, USA
Damn. Never heard of dude but I'll be looking into it. Might hit the library and see if I can find this book of his

invalid

Banned
Daps
Successful black men must marry black women... That's all

Brehs checklist for their "ideal" black man be longer than the brehettes.

Do you think that this was the beginning of the rift between RL and John Johnson? That RL was the first major backer of a Chicago heavweight running for office (and not JJ)?

Johnson maintained a close relationship with Jackson so I don't think that was likely. Jackson said the benediction at his funeral at Rockefeller Chapel. And I don't know for sure, but I have a hunch Johnson supported his presidential bid as well. Johnson was a businessman, he wasn't interested in being a politician.

A18yv93BzCL.jpg

M3211945.IMG_08-09-2005_9T579TN.jpg

JACKSON-M10005-1024x692.jpg

How the times have changed....

6966542_orig.png

Musty

Banned
Daps
Too bad his daughter married white and now all the racism he faced is going right back to the people he battled and won. :francis:

I mean....the daughter is half Asian to begin with. He himself didn’t start off marrying Black. His own Black mother remarried and told the stepdad don’t mess wit my Reggie.

invalid

Banned
Daps
I preferred Reginald Lewis' style to John Johnsons.

He has a big estate in Amagansett, East Hampton where they regularly host soirees for all types of black organizations.

Beach-Glamour1.jpg

DSC_2946_0.jpeg

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Brehs checklist for their "ideal" black man be longer than the brehettes.

Johnson maintained a close relationship with Jackson so I don't think that was likely. Jackson said the benediction at his funeral at Rockefeller Chapel. And I don't know for sure, but I have a hunch Johnson supported his presidential bid as well. Johnson was a businessman, he wasn't interested in being a politician.

A18yv93BzCL.jpg

M3211945.IMG_08-09-2005_9T579TN.jpg

JACKSON-M10005-1024x692.jpg

How the times have changed....

6966542_orig.png

He chopped it up with the GOAT. The man has my respect :salute:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

I'm old enough to know and remember when if John Johnson didn''t cosign you, then you really didn't exist. Story about RL being whiteballed from Ebony/Jet coverage rings true because until the Black Enterprise cover, I never heard of him at all.

I thought that Lewis taking on the kingmaking role for Jackson's presidential runs might have bothered Mr. Johnson. Not enough to affect his relationship with Jesse, but enough to signal that a new sheriff was in town. Hosting fundraisers and donating to campaigns is another way for rich people to stunt (flam) on each other.

The actual rift was caused by what you alluded to in the other thread

the takeover.......the break's over......
we're takin..... takin over...come on

the-takeover.jpg

invalid

Banned
Daps

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
I mean....the daughter is half Asian to begin with. He himself didn’t start off marrying Black. His own Black mother remarried and told the stepdad don’t mess wit my Reggie.
He didn’t marry a white woman, so why even associate with them?? :francis: