Recession of 2020? It’s actually a Great Depression

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Its like a thunderstorm approaching from the horizon, that has louder and louder sounds of thunder and now you see the lightning strike the ground.

This is gonna be a very ugly ride.

Honestly, we don’t know until we know. Might be a correction, might be 2008 levels. Only time will tell.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
I don’t think there will be a dramatic bubble pop this time. I think the air is just going to slowly leave the balloon.

The unemployment won’t dramatically go up cause many people are working two jobs already. The gig economy won’t reflect in the numbers.
We went from 250k jobs last year to 150k jobs this year. I think it’s safe to say we will be at 50k jobs next year.

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This is good. If you save say, 10%, it might be time to up that to 20%. I'm like you in that I don't have big expenses outside of social activities (bars, parties) and travel. Both are pretty easy to cut back on.

You bought a house so I'd say stack heavily. Idk what industry you're in, but losing a job with a newly bought house would be tough.
I work at a hospital as a PA. I got a full time but I’m getting 2 offers for part times during my days off so when it comes to being employed I’m good on that end.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I work at a hospital as a PA. I got a full time but I’m getting 2 offers for part times during my days off so when it comes to being employed I’m good on that end.

Yea, healthcare is kinda of one of those recession proof jobs. Aging population and not enough supply. You should be good then.

Wink Beaufield

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Southeast DC
Also, despite all the fukkery surrounding it, now is the best time to get a job in the government if that's your thing. The trick here is to get into an agency that isnt politicized like DHS. If you want to avoid shutdown fukkery look into applying into agencies that are fee funded. https://herald-review.com/business/...cle_14f7cd74-2f3e-11e3-a7c6-001a4bcf887a.html

Now when this recession hits you gonna see a rush of overqualified folks swarming into the gov into entry level spots because they got laid off from whatever they were doing before.

Last edited:

Kuro

Tru grit
Daps
those walmart numbers trump talking about are from the previous quarter...they dont predict what walmart will do in the future and they damn sure dont prove the rest of the economy will not decline...the next quarter report from walmart will be worse if people cut back on walmart for whatever reason...

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
those walmart numbers trump talking about are from the previous quarter...they dont predict what walmart will do in the future and they damn sure dont prove the rest of the economy will not decline...the next quarter report from walmart will be worse if people cut back on walmart for whatever reason...
The president is a clown. Why even waste brains cells on him?

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Because the last major depression, we went through 10 years of immense poverty afterward to pay for our bad decisions and it took 100 million people dying and half the world being burnt to a crisp with the US luckily being the only one left unscathed for us to have a “recovery”. This time we just pumped an ass ton of money into the system and kept rates near zero.

*ahem* we are in the middle of a depression that started in 2008 *ahem*

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Damn I was just about to make this thread. I window shop for houses and I'm seeing a lot of property in the middle class range not moving. Two houses on my street are prime location, walking distance to K-12, and not selling. Even land prices in KC that are normally stupid high seem to be coming down.