Reasons why "Family Matters" actually sucked and didn't age well

2CT

Event Staff Only
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
1. "Really, really tryna keep it PG" wasn't the slam dunk he thought it was and lowkey backfired tremendously

2. YG responded and said keep my name out ya mouth ya weird ass nikka

3. "Ain't getting shyt shot" line got Drake's house and bodyguard shot up

4. Dave Free and Whitney mentions went absolutely nowhere

5. Pharrell diss wasn't the slam dunk he thought it was, you can't diss somebody for having possession of their jewelry when you paid millions to purchase the shyt

6. Sexy Red quoted bars were cringeworthy at best and lowkey added validity to the "2 bad bytches" line

7. Dissing someone for receiving too many Grammys and awards is a weird flex and a reach

8. Rick Ross and ASAP Rocky got dissed the hardest and neither of them gave a fukk

9. Mentioning having a "Big D" then mentioning kids playing at the park right after was self-ether

10. The whole MJ/Prince switch up felt desperate and lame considering he's the one that was talking rah rah about that initially on First Person Shooter

11. He admitted he got "slimed for his AP" which ain't appropriate on a diss record

12. "Slaves freed" line was horrible optics for a mixed dude that has public blackface pictures blasted everywhere

13. "Head to Delilah with all of my ice" he sounded soft as hell when he said this with that high pitched ass singing voice shyt

14. All the short jokes were absolute misses

15. Insinuating Keem wrote for him is baseless as hell

i could keep going but i'ma leave it at those :manny: i don't wanna hear no talk on here about that song being good ever again

Last edited:

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
Nobody cares about any of that. People liked the flow and beat switches, then they rubbed their hands while anticipating the fukkery that would come from it.

Outside of Not Like Us, I don’t see many people revisiting the other songs from the beef. So whether they age well or not doesn’t really matter

Mad Good Dro

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Outside of Not Like Us, I don’t see many people revisiting the other songs from the beef. So whether they age well or not doesn’t really matter
giphy.gif

Euphoria and 616 in that daily rotation, esp when working out. :ohlawd:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1. "Really, really tryna keep it PG" wasn't the slam dunk he thought it was and lowkey backfired tremendously

2. YG responded and said keep my name out ya mouth ya weird ass nikka

3. "Ain't getting shyt shot" line got Drake's house and bodyguard shot up

4. Dave Free and Whitney mentions went absolutely nowhere

5. Pharrell diss wasn't the slam dunk he thought it was, you can't diss somebody for having possession of their jewelry when you paid millions to purchase the shyt

6. Sexy Red quoted bars were cringeworthy at best and lowkey added validity to the "2 bad bytches" line

7. Dissing someone for receiving too many Grammys and awards is a weird flex and a reach

8. Rick Ross and ASAP Rocky got dissed the hardest and neither of them gave a fukk

9. Mentioning having a "Big D" then mentioning kids playing at the park right after was self-ether

10. The whole MJ/Prince switch up felt desperate and lame considering he's the one that was talking rah rah about that initially on First Person Shooter

11. He admitted he got "slimed for his AP" which ain't appropriate on a diss record

12. "Slaves freed" line was horrible optics for a mixed dude that has public blackface pictures blasted everywhere

13. "Head to Delilah with all of my ice" he sounded soft as hell when he said this with that high pitched ass singing voice shyt

14. All the short jokes were absolute misses

15. Insinuating Keem wrote for him is baseless as hell

i could keep going but i'ma leave it at those :manny: i don't wanna hear no talk on here about that song being good ever again
You sound corny and like your trying to clout chase off Drake . Go back to your 10 subscribers YouTube page where you discuss music terribly

Why do you think they went to try and snipe that song and not say the heart pt 6?

Last edited:

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Family matters is still the best song put out by any of the rappers with Euphoria being second.

Kendrick had more lies / uncorrobarted stuff in his disses and it's a big reason why you'll never see him perform "meet the grahams" in any live shows. Making a diss record and speaking to an imaginary child you made up is still the most embarrassing thing someone can do :mjlol: , but he gets away with it cus it's Kendrick Lamar and he's beefing with a jew cac.

Mad Good Dro

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Family matters is still the best song put out by any of the rappers with Euphoria being second.

Kendrick had more lies / uncorrobarted stuff in his disses and it's a big reason why you'll never see him perform "meet the grahams" in any live shows. Making a diss record and speaking to an imaginary child you made up is still the most embarrassing thing someone can do :mjlol: , but he gets away with it cus it's Kendrick Lamar and he's beefing with a jew cac.
Yall drake fans holding on to that daughter shyt which hasn't even been proven false to negate MTG while every angle from family matters got debunked yet somehow its the best song in the beef in your eyes. :unimpressed:

Why hasn't drake performed family matters yet? :unimpressed:

2CT

Event Staff Only
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
You sound corny and like your trying to clout chase off Drake . Go back to your 10 subscribers YouTube page where you discuss music terribly

Why do you think they went to try and snipe that song and not say the heart pt 6?

I actually was thinking bout making this thread for a min but decided not to cause of how bad Drake been getting dragged these past few weeks, shyt borderline bullying :huhldup:

but then i saw cats like dude above me talking about Family Matters is dope and the best song :mjlol: so i had to push the button on em

So-Chi

Colfax to the burbs'
Daps
Reppin
goons in the cut tryna talk you out yo necklace
The biggest problem for FM, was Drake let people know when the song was going to drop. It made it easier for Kendrick to counterattack the song when he dropped MTG, it killed off the existence of FM.

Never let your opponent know when you're going to shoot them, shoot them when they least expected.
Wouldn't have mattered. Kendrick had his follow up already. He'd have dropped it right after announced or not