reasonble doubt vs ready to die

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
This is a tough one both in my top 5 just next to each other, they are so different idk.
All in all I've probably got to go with R2D.

When RTD dropped it was an instant classic, when RD dropped it was viewed as a good album nothing more. Jay had to repeat for years over and over that RD was classic, then the media and sheep fans finally believed him
Same thing with Led Zeppelin I, II and III which are now hailed as some of the best rock albums ever. Same thing with Dark Side of the Moon, which is constantly ranked among the illest albums ever. And many other super certified classics.

There's a reason to why magazines re-review albums, The Source changed both RD and RTD into 5 mic albums because they knew they fukked up. Super weak reviews and fukked up ratings.

And people hailed it a classic when it dropped, it took time for the whole game to appreciate it, not only cause it was indie.. But because he was spitting on another level and wasn't promoted outside of NY. But let's be honest now, albums that were changed to 5 mics >>>> albums that originally got 5 mics. :smh: @ saying that the only downside of a hiphop album about the life a drug dealer too violent and misogynistic.

Last edited:

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They are my 1 and 2. Probably Reasonable Doubt by an inch or 2

infamousred

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
RD is probably one of the most mature rap albums Ive heard and is one of those albums that only get better with age
i had some (original), lengthy kind of post describing how the albums were actually so similar in the sense that they both merged mainstream and underground hip hop so well, but the difference was jay-z's lyricism was so in depth that i think it's what has kept me coming back in more recent years? my first thought was that i played rtd to death, but i played rd just as much.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I can listen to RD every day

I have to be in a certain mood to watch RTD.

Both classics though

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Remember Rappin Duke, da-har da-har, you never thought that hip hop would take it this far...

Biggie