Really isn't the soundbar one of the most bs products ever invented?

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I been thinking about getting a soundbar for my bedroom so I can get rid of this old ass 2.0 stereo system ive had since the 90s :laugh:

My room aint that big so a 5.1/7.1 system isnt necessary

Any suggestions?

I agree with Winb that tv manufacturers created this lane so they could capitalize off it but what can we do about it :manny:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they gimp the audio on the TVs then create a product category that makes the TV sound half decent. its basically an artificial product catagory they created the need for. there are so many soundbars now too and most of them are either garbage or barely better than the TV speakers. a decent soundbar is likely gonna run you about $400 and by decent i mean sounds drastically better than the TV.

for that $400 you could likely get a solid receiver for your TV and then spend maybe $150 more and get a couple bookshelf speakers and have the foundation of a home theater system you can upgrade in the future and that likely sounds better than a soundbar.
There just isn't any room in the TVs for good speakers and there main focus is picture quality. A decent sound bar doesn't cost much. If you are spending more than $200 for 2.1 speakers than you might as well save up for a decent 5.1 set up

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I been thinking about getting a soundbar for my bedroom so I can get rid of this old ass 2.0 stereo system ive had since the 90s :laugh:

My room aint that big so a 5.1/7.1 system isnt necessary

Any suggestions?

I agree with Winb that tv manufacturers created this lane so they could capitalize off it but what can we do about it :manny:
sony_ht-ct260_side.jpeg

Yeah the Htct260 has excellent sound quality and a ton of good reviews I read a bunch of them before I made
my purchase.

I got mine onsale for $250 at BestBuy and the currently have that same sale price
http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/detail.jsp?skuId=6694048&pid=1218782859725

Exit9NJturnpike

Gmen Giants Big Blue
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Brunswick, NJ
:huh: I have a sony soundbar that has great reviews brought it 3 yrs ago, and it's amazing. I'm in a small area though, but I always get compliments on it.