Really isn't the soundbar one of the most bs products ever invented?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
they gimp the audio on the TVs then create a product category that makes the TV sound half decent. its basically an artificial product catagory they created the need for. there are so many soundbars now too and most of them are either garbage or barely better than the TV speakers. a decent soundbar is likely gonna run you about $400 and by decent i mean sounds drastically better than the TV.

for that $400 you could likely get a solid receiver for your TV and then spend maybe $150 more and get a couple bookshelf speakers and have the foundation of a home theater system you can upgrade in the future and that likely sounds better than a soundbar.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
it's just meant to me an all-in-one device. obviously a real surround system would be better

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
common sense should tell you that no amount of positional audio tricks is gonna sound as good as actually having speakers all around the room

it just an option for people that want to save space, don't like wires, or just don't want speakers everywhere

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
common sense should tell you that no amount of positional audio tricks is gonna sound as good as actually having speakers all around the room

it just an option for people that want to save space, don't like wires, or just don't want speakers everywhere
This is the answer...now I DO think TV companies be bs'in when it comes to actual ports and convenience features lately...but the best TV's out there have the worst sound..like the Samsung 8000 series...I tell people all the time..flat tv..flat sound..so if these people don't want an all around surround sound system but want plug and playability...a soundbar is the simplest thing to do...it comes with a wireless subwoofer..and it's only one cable from the TV to the soundbar...either optical or HDMI...

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I still have my surround sound speakers I've had since college.

DD5.1 and DTS. All I need :manny:

I bought a soundbar once for another TV but took it back

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

its a product that came into prominence because they put shyt speakers in TVs. soundbars aren't about having surround sound as much as they're about getting decent sound outta your TV. that's a deficiency the manufactures created then they turned around and created the solution for it. some soundbars cost well north of $1200 and prey on people who don't know better than to spend that kinda bread on just a soundbar cause it says 7.1 audio on it.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I was pricing them for a while thinking about getting one for my living room because I already had a 7.1 system in the mancave. But when I realized the price of them (the good brands at least) were rivaling HTIBs that came with good receivers (you can always upgrade the speakers) I threw the idea out the window

:camby:

If they were priced cheaper I would understand it more.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
they gimp the audio on the TVs then create a product category that makes the TV sound half decent. its basically an artificial product catagory they created the need for. there are so many soundbars now too and most of them are either garbage or barely better than the TV speakers. a decent soundbar is likely gonna run you about $400 and by decent i mean sounds drastically better than the TV.

for that $400 you could likely get a solid receiver for your TV and then spend maybe $150 more and get a couple bookshelf speakers and have the foundation of a home theater system you can upgrade in the future and that likely sounds better than a soundbar.
Totally agree wit u

Its disgusting how terrible the quality of sound is

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
My soundbar in my bedroom 100x better then my tv sound I mute the tv so I can :blessed: by it. Home theater in the livingroom and mancave no need for one in the bedroom soundbar perfect for bedrooms.

Family Man

Banned
Daps
I have one that fukks with my wifi anytime I use it. That shyt has a wireless sub woofer. Waste of money.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Nowhere near a waste for those with small rooms.that being said, the prices are usually outrageous and the sound doesn't fukk with a satellite setup. I've heard some good ones though ..