Real **** Why Was Cassidy Never Successful?

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus
He was generic as they come... didn't have his own sound or style & from what I heard dude was an a$$hole which guarantees a short career when people who are in control of your career decided they don't want to push you anymore...

Apply this to 90% of the Generic Mixtape Rapper Era... Jae Mills, Saigon (sorry, outside of underground cats nobody cared about dudes music), Papoose, Grafh, J Hood, Murda Mook, etc...

Fabolous already had the Generic Punchline Rapper lane locked up & he made songs for the females while these other dudes were so worried about nikkaz bumping their shyt & never focused on demographics or marketability, shyt is a business first...

villain

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
berlin
how the fukk was cassidy not successful?

he had hits out the ass and was one of the top 5 rappers at a time

he still get shows out in Dubai and shyt

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
once that car crash/murder charge caught him it was over

if you remember as soon as his 2nd album dropped he got caught in the car crash and couldnt promote the album or anything

then he comes back and gets the murder charge

by that point it was done

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Cass was one of those rappers that can rhyme, might have one hot single off the album, a few good tracks on the album... and that's about it. The rest of the music is generic joints that you listen to once and never need to hear again, and radio attempts that don't quite make it to radio cause they're not as hot as the single that did make it. That is every Cass album in a nutshell.

He just never got it quite right to gain a loyal fanbase or make that must-have album... he was one of them aight nikkas that had a few joints. If the mid-2000s was the mid-90s, he would be the Mic Geronimo of his time.

Mikael Blowpiff

#LosIngobernabrehs
Daps
Cassidy really, really, really, really overachieved. He got bodied on his biggest single twice: once by the Jay-Z sample and again by Mary on the remix. He also overemphasized his punchlines too much which isn't good if your punchlines kinda suck. He's like Papoose if he had a flow and a more generally subdued demeanor. Tell me "I son nikkas like they came out of my penis" isn't some Papoose sounding shyt.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Cassidy really, really, really, really overachieved. He got bodied on his biggest single twice: once by the Jay-Z sample and again by Mary on the remix. He also overemphasized his punchlines too much which isn't good if your punchlines kinda suck. He's like Papoose if he had a flow and a more generally subdued demeanor. Tell me "I son nikkas like they came out of my penis" isn't some Papoose sounding shyt.

:heh:... :what:...:snoop:

Damn, never made the connection... but... yeah! :laugh:

dre

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/DC
Is it really that hard to consider that if you can't make songs for shyt you can't survive

He was a terrible songwriter. Being able to think of imaginative ways to tell me you're strapped and sell drugs doesn't change that

His best looks were Swizzy catching lightning in a bottle with a monster hook, besides that he just couldn't do it. Fab does what he was trying to do better, Big Sean too.

But I mean "successful" is relative. He could easily get off his ass and be Joe Budden

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus

:dead: