Real Talk..None of Rae's Other Albums Have Come Close To OBFCL

Daps
Reppin
NULL
i :laff: at nikkas who try to say obfcl2 is even in the same galaxy as the first. obfcl is a rap classic, easily standing up to the best of this genre. it's as good as ready to die and doggystyle, and a host of other classic albums. so, when nikkas start talking about its "sequel," i'm left wondering if they're serious when they attempt to treat it as a comparable follow-up. no fukking way. i actually think shaolin vs. wutang is better than obfcl 2. it's nowhere near the first, but it's his dopest album since that classic outing.

PaperEnterprise

It's the inner strength..
Daps
Reppin
New York
Ob4cl is raw cause of the dust n coke these nikkas was using, they went in on this album. Part 2 he wasn't in the same mindset as 1. Part 1 is on another level.

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
2 was good for what it was, a sequel that came out years after the first, also the rza's contribution wasn't there.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well, duh, RZA wasn't behind the board on any of his album since. :yeshrug:

But ob4cl2 and svw are great Hip-Hop albums. Especially, considering the climate they came out in.

RIPODB

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Side
Say what you want, but OB4CL2 is one of the very few albums that actually deliverered in the face of all the hype and delays. I would argue that it's a close second to the original, especially when you consider the era it was released in - wu tang was nowhere near the juggernaut it once was. I think it's a little extreme to say it's not in the same ballpark as the first. It's close.

I was just happy to see Rae (wu in general) staying relevant.

PS the production was bananas

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Not many albums compare to OB4CL it's that good. OB4CL2 is a solid album but its not in the same stratoshpere as the first.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Cuban Linx2 isn't better obviously, but it was a very good follow up. If it were Rae's 2nd album, no one would complain one bit.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stop comparing and just enjoy it. The sequel is an excellent album. One of the best projects released in the last five years. And really Rae never lost a step.

nah, stop stanning for rae. the sequel doesn't even approach the original. if we're going to clown nas for failing to meet the potential seen in illmatic, let's not excuse rae's inability to step up to the plate in efforts that followed his classic outing with only built for cuban linx. i'm just asking for a little consistency.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
cuban linx is a MASTERPIECE... moreso than other so called classics

i dont expect dudes to pull it off twice anyway. for what it was cuban linx 2 was great. i was listening to it for 2 years.

10 bricks, cold outside, ason unqiue, walk with me.. GREAT tracks on there.

and ob4cl2 > stillmatic

H.S.

All Star
Daps
nah, stop stanning for rae. the sequel doesn't even approach the original. if we're going to clown nas for failing to meet the potential seen in illmatic, let's not excuse rae's inability to step up to the plate in efforts that followed his classic outing with only built for cuban linx. i'm just asking for a little consistency.

I don't clown Nas for not making another Illmatic. No one should. He has better albums than Illmatic imo. Comparing two albums released 15 years apart just seems silly, even if it's a sequel.