Real Talk....Is 2020 The GOAT Year In Gaming?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
I dunno bout you breh but i've had perhaps the GOAT gaming run in 2020

it takes me a while to beat games these days so for me it was literally back-to-back-to-back classics :wow:

my 2020 looked like this:

January: Death Stranding - cult classic. picked up on a sale and is one of my personal top 5 games of the generation

February: Kakarot - ok I admit was trash but I got a few fun hours down memory lane before I bushed it

April: Final Fantasy Vll: Remake - classic, nuff said

June: TLOU part 2 - my current favorite game of the generation

July: Ghost of Tsushima - classic, and inspired me to go on a classic samurai movie binge as well

July again - Iron Man VR - as a Marvel stan this is classic. blew my expecations away with the deep combat & underrated story

I played 4 legit classic games (5 if you count Iron Man :steviej:) and still got games like CYBERPUNK & Vampire The Masqerade Bloodlines to go. Oh yeah, not to mention Avengers Destiny coming in September :ahh:

dunno bout you but 2020 has been my personal GOAT gaming run :banderas:I've never played so many great games in such a short span of time

Last edited:

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
There will be no xbots in this thread

Wonder why

halo-washed.gif

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There will be no xbots in this thread

Wonder why

halo-washed.gif
The only GOTY this far is FF7 RE.

And it's a timed exclusive

But tlous and GOT have been great

However I've also played, gears tactics, grounded, halo infinite is coming, wastelands 3 drops at the end of this month

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Cyverpunk still to drop too. Was a hell of a year

But this decade alone, 2018 is comparable or better; God of War, Red Dead 2 and Spiderman among others

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I'm enjoying that omni gaming life in the pandemic. Shyt lowkey reinvigorated my passion for the hobby.

SmokyQuartz

Young Skull
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
So far Ghost of Tsushima is the only game that blew me away this year. I already know Cyberpunk 2077 is gonna crush the buildings and Watch Dogs 3 looks more and more promising. I avoided Death Stranding like the plague, Kakarot was garbage, Final Fantasy 7 remake and The Last of Us part 2 were enjoyable but not classic status.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Having all consoles (and Stadia:mjgrin:) in quarantine got me on a Golden State Warriors level gaming run right now:wow:. Might end up with the 4-peat if Arizona is still a hotspot by the time Cyberpunk comes out:heh: