Real Talk.. How did Mike Epps get a tv show?

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Good comedic actor, never cared for his standup tho. A lead or supporting role on a sitcom seems like perfect for him to me.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
his stand up is trash but he's one of those people thats hilarious in a regular conversation or just reacting to people. thats what made him so funny to me in Next Friday/All About The Benjamins....after that though he aint really funny to me in anything....i forget what he was even in.....he was cool in How High..
I used to hit up comedy clubs here in LA back in the day and Epps is the funniest dude hands down when he's in the building and does an impromptu performance. He kills. Wish that spontaneity was in his actual comedy specials. I'mma check this Uncle Buck out tho

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
his stand up is trash but he's one of those people thats hilarious in a regular conversation or just reacting to people. thats what made him so funny to me in Next Friday/All About The Benjamins....after that though he aint really funny to me in anything....i forget what he was even in.....he was cool in How High..

Best way I've seen it described

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
I used to hit up comedy clubs here in LA back in the day and Epps is the funniest dude hands down when he's in the building and does an impromptu performance. He kills. Wish that spontaneity was in his actual comedy specials. I'mma check this Uncle Buck out tho
Spontaneity is exactly what he has and I agree that I wish that was part of his comedy sets as well. I'll check out Uncle Buck just because i loved the movie growing up so I have to see what this is haha

Daps
Reppin
NULL

What I hear from people that's been around him, he's funnier in his "everyday" life than he is on camera.

Heard he's cool as shyt, to.My brother chilled with him out in AZ.He did a show at the "Celebrity Theater" back in the day.That place is located in a rough spot.Surrounded by gangs, drugs, prostitution etc..etc..

And this nicca Mike Epps was out there roaming with no security.Asked my brother to take him to the nearest weed spot.My brother called up his boys like "I got this nicca Day Day with me right now!:gladbron:"...Hung out with them for a few hours.Hit the weed spot & even mobbed to liquor store with them...on foot

Said he started going in and roasting niccaz for not passing the blunt in time.One of my brothers homeboys was known as the "top roaster" on his block....They say him and Mike had an epic back & forth.

But yeah, I hear he's more "naturally" funny in person.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
I haven't watched the show yet. Mike is actually pretty cool as an actor, serious & comedic. He is terrible at standup, I remember watching thinking if the nikka even writes any material.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Uncle Buck is ok. But from what I can see the writing is on the wall. That's one of those shows that won't be renewed, if it even makes the entire run of episodes. I don't have to see reviews or ratings....I can just tell.

I think Mike is doing the best he can, but the writing on that show is just bland. And to be quite honest, it seems that these shows don't know how to just have a normal black family that isn't uber rich or successful.

Daps
Reppin
Lagos (Da Jungle)
Uncle Buck is ok. But from what I can see the writing is on the wall. That's one of those shows that won't be renewed, if it even makes the entire run of episodes. I don't have to see reviews or ratings....I can just tell.

I think Mike is doing the best he can, but the writing on that show is just bland. And to be quite honest, it seems that these shows don't know how to just have a normal black family that isn't uber rich or successful.

Show just got canceled :francis:

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Show just got canceled :francis:
Yeah, I'm not sure what the deal is with these networks, but it's like some shows are put on TV and everyone knows before they even air that it won't last. Like the studio just needed to meet a quota or some sort of tax break. You can tell that nobody but Mike and Nia were trying.