Real Talk.. How did Mike Epps get a tv show?

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Is he next up or something? He's been grinding for years but never really had that breakout comedy special or that memorable supporting role in a movie to get that push that he's gettin' now. No hate I'm happy for Mike.. but at the same time its puzzling :lupe:

Daps
Reppin
ATL paid.. Cali blazed
Aye man a few years ago I thought he was that next nikka.. His stand ups use to be funny and he had a sketch DVD back in 08 that was funny.. But that shyt he did for Netflix was disappointing and I had to walk out on Meet The Blacks he fell off..

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Aye man a few years ago I thought he was that next nikka.. His stand ups use to be funny and he had a sketch DVD back in 08 that was funny.. But that shyt he did for Netflix was disappointing and I had to walk out on Meet The Blacks he fell off..
Yeah his stand ups have moments but not strong from start to finish. Not saying every comedy special you hit a home run.. you just need that one heater in your arsenal. Murphy with Delirious, Chris Rock-Bring The Pain, Richard Pryor- Live in Concert, Katt Williams- The Pimp Chronicles Pt. 1,, etc. He should have at least one.

RajWatts

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Working with Lee Daniels and Oprah on the Pryor flick. He got connects now

Mike-Epps-Oprah.jpg

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Hey, he puttin in that work? Then much success. He'll always be Day Day tho.

"Gotta go Miss HOOOOOOOE!!"
:shaq:

Daps
Most black actors play one dimensional retards exclusively, which ends up getting annoying, and kills their careers. I don't know of this show you speak of, but lee daniels and oprah are huge red herrings.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Epps did that, so hopefully Hart wouldn't have to go thru that:dame::huhldup::umad:

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
his stand up is trash but he's one of those people thats hilarious in a regular conversation or just reacting to people. thats what made him so funny to me in Next Friday/All About The Benjamins....after that though he aint really funny to me in anything....i forget what he was even in.....he was cool in How High..

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Working with Lee Daniels and Oprah on the Pryor flick. He got connects now

Mike-Epps-Oprah.jpg

He also got bron and his people supporting him on their show and other projects. Like the other poster said his live standup is trash. Went to one of his shows and was literally like wtf. On stage giggling throwing out retarded words like hood booger.

He is best as a supportive character