real talk: black people need to stop moving to the burbs

john goodman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
they're on the wrong side of history again

from the 1950's to the 70s, black people moved to the inner city just as white people were abandoning it for the suburbs.

now as soon as white people start returning to the city, black people are leaving in droves

so what will happen is the same black people that got screwed over when the city turned to shyt will be screwed over when suburbs turn to shyt

in this country ruled by $$, big lifestyle shifts happen every generation or 2. simply to keep the economy pushing along if nothing else. the big shift that will happen for the next 40 years is the money moving from the suburbs back to the city.

black people will once again be on the losing side as they are leaving the city for the suburbs in BIG numbers.

culturally this is pushed by the likes of real houswives of atl and tyler perry. not to mention the bad memories associated with urban living.

the community should hold tight and stay in the inner city, it will pay off in the long run.

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
How about white people stop running😱 nah I'm kidding. But I agree blacks should just try to improve their current environment instead of running to the burbs.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
yeah, i believe this instance is called white flight, it has little to do with migration of blacks alone and more to do with the economic dealings of whites...

the only migration i would accredit to blacks is the major migration to areas in the south like atlanta. that's similar to how the blacks moved north to cities for more opportunities in the 1920s...

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I also dont think they WANT to move to the burbs as much as they Have to. Property Tax in the city is Raising out the WAZOO and is a bit less in the suburbs currently. so those middle class blacks in the city are kind of being forced out. This is just my observation though not 100 percent fact

john goodman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I also dont think they WANT to move to the burbs as much as they Have to. Property Tax in the city is Raising out the WAZOO and is a bit less in the suburbs currently. so those middle class blacks in the city are kind of being forced out. This is just my observation though not 100 percent fact

middle class people can live pretty much wherever they want. they are moving to the burbs because they want to.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

from the 1950's to the 70s, black people moved to the inner city just as white people were abandoning it for the suburbs.

now as soon as white people start returning to the city, black people are leaving in droves

so what will happen is the same black people that got screwed over when the city turned to shyt will be screwed over when suburbs turn to shyt

in this country ruled by $$, big lifestyle shifts happen every generation or 2. simply to keep the economy pushing along if nothing else. the big shift that will happen for the next 40 years is the money moving from the suburbs back to the city.

black people will once again be on the losing side as they are leaving the city for the suburbs in BIG numbers.

culturally this is pushed by the likes of real houswives of atl and tyler perry. not to mention the bad memories associated with urban living.

the community should hold tight and stay in the inner city, it will pay off in the long run.

Most folks now live in the suburbs in general. And if folks stay in the city, then :upsetfavre: are def not moving into the cities in droves.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

I was gonna neg rep you, but I agree with the bolded part.

Lil' Kartwheel

The Chicken Box Man
Daps
Reppin
The Bayou City
If we reduced the crime in the our neighborhoods as well as owned our properties, most of us wouldn't have a reason to leave the hood for white areas. Being born and raised in Houston, these cacs are hungry for Third Ward and Fifth Ward since they're close to downtown. Only thing is that black people actually own homes in those neighborhoods and they refuse to sell their property. 3rd ward and 5th ward ain't even the worst parts of town either...which has helped black people stay in the area.