REAL RAP- REKS

Wepa Man

Ramblings Of An Angry Old Man
Supporter
Daps
R.E.Ks is down with the wrong team thats why he hasn't blown up. statik on the beat :scusthov:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Yo, I feel kinda embarrassed not knowing he been around this long. He never rolled with anyone? Every song ya all posted really had me like :ohhh:

I gotta get his new album coming out. I'm shocked not a lot of hip hop heads, especially nas fans, r not screaming over this dude cuz that's who he reminds me of. Then again, maybe I'm just late as he'll and everybody just got tired cuz reks uses the same exact style and never goes for a really hit single to hit the air waves? Not sure but this dude is brand new for me and I'm rocking with him for now. I still feel that hunger in his music.

Yeah I love Reks. I mostly like Grey Hairs and Rythmatic Eternal King Supreme. I haven't gotten into the new album as much, too much Statik, but I love 730 and some other songs.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
R.E.Ks is down with the wrong team thats why he hasn't blown up. statik on the beat :scusthov:

Statik is cool for a few joints, and I think he and Reks sound good together, but a whole album is just too much. I do appreciate Statik's work ethic though and I wish some of my favorite producers worked as hard as he does and put stuff out with the frequency that he does. It's very admirable.

Bean

GOAT 8/24
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PA
i only heard his last album and from what i heard he's dope.

Wepa Man

Ramblings Of An Angry Old Man
Supporter
Daps
Statik is cool for a few joints, and I think he and Reks sound good together, but a whole album is just too much. I do appreciate Statik's work ethic though and I wish some of my favorite producers worked as hard as he does and put stuff out with the frequency that he does. It's very admirable.

Statik beats will always be trash fukk them hollow beats that fat fukk been throwing our way. I hope he drowns in sewer with termanalogy

Jet

Banned
Daps
R.E.K.S. is on my favorite albums from 2011
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuJHwr50J-A]Reks - The Wonder Years [prod. by Hi-Tek] - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP-BkBgZorw]Reks - The Underdog [prod. by Blaze P] - YouTube[/ame]

My favorite song off 'Grey Hairs'

Last edited by a moderator:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
His album REKS was in my top 3 releases of 2011

It hurt my soul seeing that album slept. The production list alone should have created some buzz, but I feel like the album may have been released too early in the year. As bigger projects came out (Bronson, Roots, etc) his album was kind of left in the background.

Listen to that man flow. He's hungry as fukk, and can rip apart any beat he's given. Lyrically he's not rappity rap either - he flows fast, but every verse has dope rhymes and introspection.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's crazy cuz i wont front. I use to see the name reks and didnt click on anything cuz i felt this dude was the same reks that they had battling jae millz. :wow:

I kept seeing his name recently and said "WTF" is the big deal about and been :dj2: ever since. Another name i'm seeing a lot is Tito Lopez. Havent had time to really sit and listen to this dude but i'm about to start seeing what this kid is about.

http://hear-that-first.com/?p=62272 Just checked his little freestyle out on sway. Another breath of fresh air. OMG. What was that song of his they were playing at the beginning of that video? Anybody got that song? bless the kid.